Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Should I need more fililng for my attic?

Page 1 of 1
I am posting here to ask if I need to add more insulation to my attic because our house feels drafty in the winter. Our house is a 10-year-old, 1400 sqft ranch. I was wondering if this meets the R38 to R60 code for our region. We have lived in our current home for nearly two years, the house is very comfortable in the summer but chill and drafty in the winter. I usually set the thermostat to around 68 F to be easy on the heat pump. So far I have made adjustments to ensure the weather stripping is tight around the exterior doors. The windows are the double plane and seem to shut tight. So will add more insulation help in the winter? If so, what kind of insulation and how much of it should I add? Thanks in advance.
Related
28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

8/11/2023
Kitchen Quote - What should be included?

Kitchen Corner

hey there! ๐Ÿ˜Š so, itโ€™s kinda common for standard drawer depths to be around 500mm since most cabinets use this size to fit the usual runners…

9/02/2024
Should a building contract be checked by lawyers?

Building A New House

I've decided, after a period of confusion (my building broker told me it's probably not worth it to use a lawyer, but others have said it is a must) that I definitely will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum