Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral modified Stradbroke

Page 1 of 64
Hi guys I've been following all your ups and downs and thought I would share some of our experiences so far with our future home. We decide to go with Coral in Coffs last March 2015 we got our first estimate and it's been us holding back till this year when we finally sold our rentals, so full steam ahead now.
We have plenty of land and building envelope so we decided to go an acreage build but I liked the Stradbroke's openness and 3 sections. We are having the alfresco at back and front door in between dining and lounge to get the acreage look. We signed and paid our deposit in June/July so just waiting on certifier (3 weeks)

I hope this works

Milestone
Hi guys I've been following all your ups and downs and thought I would share some of our experiences so far with our future home. We decide to go with Coral in Coffs last March 2015 we got our first estimate and it's been us holding back till this year when we finally sold our rentals, so full steam ahead now.
We have plenty of land and building envelope so we decided to go an acreage build but I liked the Stradbroke's openness and 3 sections. We are having the alfresco at back and front door in between dining and lounge to get the acreage look. We signed and paid our deposit in June/July so just waiting on certifier (3 weeks)
I hope this works

Wow thats a big *** house! Following, post up your selctions when you can!

Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
Welcome

Wow that is a big home I love your floor plan you have made same great changes... I will look forward in watching your build.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83796
A little bit worried about trying to keep it clean with 3 boys but they can't wait so fingers crossed they help
okay I will try to attach our selections we made over a week ago and I am already second guessing. Trying to let it go. We had the elegance package, aspire for flooring and the kitchen upgrade. It added up but after building our last house and not knowing we could upgrade I swore I would lash out on upgrades inside as this is it for us I hope. apparently this is the brick I don't think so but anyway
Slate bricks (PGH) with upgrade mortar monument roof, guttering. surfmist garage (changed to monument)and white on white front door (changed to ebony stain)...... So many sleepless nights and many fights over bricks god I hope it looks good , don't tell my husband but if it's horrible I will be bagging it

20160823/0d126c97c4969c62211de59793263cdc.jpg[/IMG]

these are the new basins replacing the oval ones
in white to match garage tap ( the black one) but in chrome undermount
osprey waterfall kitchen with polar white silk finish cupboards same in bathrooms and laundry.
The deluxe wash and wear is on special this month for $199 apparently and the dishwashers have been upgraded....
Also our tiles are the same in all wet areas boring I know but could make up my mind so it was easier to be consistent these are on all wet area walls except in showersfloor tile throughout with grey matching grout showers. I think I have an obsession with white and grey.

View topic
Nice choices! I went with greys and whites too, but will furnish with some colour. I think you have the same charcoal tile as me in my wet areas. I also stuck to the same colour combos in my wet areas and laundry, and had the same kitchen splashback as my wet area walls.

vonsta76
Wow thats a big *** house! Following, post up your selctions when you can!

haha it's 302m2 we are currently living in something equivalent to our master with 3 little men.

View topic
vonsta76
Nice choices! I went with greys and whites too, but will furnish with some colour. I think you have the same charcoal tile as me in my wet areas. I also stuck to the same colour combos in my wet areas and laundry, and had the same kitchen splashback as my wet area walls.

I will check it out thanks don't know if I made a huge mistake but I picked the black caviar for all walls in the kids activity and white on white throughout the rest of the house..

View topic
Oh I love show and tell!!! You have made same great choice and the white and greys are a great combo, that's what we have gone for.

It seems grey and white are one of the more popular combinations!

Our electrical appointment caused me so much stress before hand but we did it over the phone and the girl we had was fantastic. I forgot last year with my first tender I asked Karen at Coffs Display ( I owe her my first born I am in debt to her for all of her help and not rolling her eyes at all of my changes
) to add 2 double power points to each room and extra lighting throughout. So when it came to our elec app it wasn't as much as I first thought. So my advise is add it into your tender first. Our last house after moving in we spent a lot of money adding extra powerpoints and fans. When we had our electrician in the roof wiring up he told us if we ever build again to have a light installed in the roof near manhole and make the pitch of the roof higher so it's easier to move around. Such good advise and I was surprised that it was only around $580 To raise the pitch. We added $3000 in tender for elec and went over $674 only have to buy fans now.

View topic
Dee80
Oh I love show and tell!!! You have made same great choice and the white and greys are a great combo, that's what we have gone for.

I love your choices any movement on the station for you today?

View topic
Milestone
Dee80

I love your choices any movement on the station for you today?

View topic

Lol yes we did have a little more movement we had power and plumbing. And with a bit of luck and good weather we may get form work done by Friday.

Gorgeous modifications!! I did something similar, changed our laundry into our entry and moved the laundry to entry to make our house an acreage build too.

Love the bricks

Looking forward to following along

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Ahh thanks the bricks are what's keeping me up at night, I am going to stalk your thread

Loving your house build. I would have loved an acreage style home, you are so lucky. Your block looks lovely and idylic too!

Cant wait to follow your journey!
I'll pre warn you it's long haha but the first page has our plan and selections

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Love your selections charlibear we have similar taste. Have you seen the GJGardner display in Coffs it's beautiful.

townsvillebuyer
Loving your house build. I would have loved an acreage style home, you are so lucky. Your block looks lovely and idylic too!

Cant wait to follow your journey!

Thanks it's been a long one
I will be following you now

Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum