Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Daydream 30. 22 week build. After handover fun has begun

Page 1 of 20
So after stalking this forum long before we even bought our land, Ive finally gotten around to starting a thread now things are getting serious.
757sqm of dirt
[img:3s2l28cf]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180309/c26ea1d099e0d60eec89e69641f11ddb.jpg[/img:3s2l28cf]

May 2016- Purchased land
June 2016- Signed with different house company
July 2016- Signed with Coral
July-November 2016- Making changes to plans
December 2016- Tiles, Colours and Electrical appointments
January 2017- Still waiting on land to register
June 2017- Still waiting.....!
July 2017- Waiting on titles office.
August 2017- Should title first week.
8th August 2017- FINALLY REGISTERED!
23rd August 2017- Settlement
13th October 2017- Building approval
13th November- Start date
30th November- Slab pour
5th December- Frame started
15th December- Roof completed
Thought I would update all the interesting things on the first post.

Exterior
Bricks- Moondust double height with off white mortar
Colourbond roof- Windspray
Fascia and gutters- Windspray
Windows and door frames- Precious silver
Garage door- Australia Cedar in Seville profile.
[img:3s2l28cf]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180309/02e7b7a89d8d6613ebb32df55375baa0.jpg[/img:3s2l28cf]

Interior
Tiles
Cruze grey 450x450 throughout whole house.
Cruze olive 450x450 all wet area floors.
Cruze olive 300x600 one wall of each bathroom.
White gloss 300x600 on other 3 walls of bathrooms.
Upgraded grout. Charred ash and Magellan grey. Can never remember which one goes with which.

Kitchen
Bench tops- Night sky
Cabinets and draws- Silk polar white
Open shelves under bench- Black
Glass splash back- resene pearl shimmer
[img:3s2l28cf]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180309/0596c917ec555e5489eb4c016131071d.jpg[/img:3s2l28cf]

Bathrooms
Bench tops- Urban
Cabinets- Silk polar white

Paint will be snow season quarter.
Originally we had our gloss work in the same colour. I've since changed my mind(poor hubster) Im going to speak to our painter about just having builder white for our gloss work.
After a rocky few weeks, finding out we have a storm water drain pretty much smack bang in the middle of the front of our block, meaning repositioning our house. Everything is good to go. House is a little further to the right than we wanted. What's the point of a big block, if we can't access the backyard.
Went through our tender again today with our consultant.
Our contracts will be getting ordered on Monday.
No further news on land registration. Last we heard it was November.

Changes we have made to plans.

*Extended our garage forward 400mm
*Deleted windows in study
*Added 1200 cavity slider to media
*Smaller window to media
*Deleted bath from ensuite. Moving shower to that wall

We have gone with the elegance inclusions. Adding the colourbond roof/steel frame upgrade. Adding ducted aircon/flooring promotion and the kitchen upgrade promotion.

We will owner supplying appliances, lighting and possibly tap ware and basins( depending upon colour selections appointment)
Oh i like your plan. Nice and big. I would have moved the ensuite around but thats only cause i hate toilets inside the bathroom but other than that great plan

Woohoo, another daydream builder. I am currently building g a Daydream 32 I. The hunterValley. So happy with how our home is. Coming together.

Love this floor plan. Welcome to the Coral Family! Lucky for you, you are a QLD... Us distant NSW cousins are the outcasts of the family lol. Qld builds tend to run okay so here's hoping!

The daydream is certainly a gorgeous floor plan. Any idea when your contract is due?

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
jasminelee_86
Oh i like your plan. Nice and big. I would have moved the ensuite around but thats only cause i hate toilets inside the bathroom but other than that great plan

The house is massive. I'm not to fussed with the ensuite, my husband just didn't want a bath, he wanted a bigger shower. Its the only thing he has asked for in the whole house, so who am I to say no to him?

Becs Coral
Woohoo, another daydream builder. I am currently building g a Daydream 32 I. The hunterValley. So happy with how our home is. Coming together.

Your house is coming together lovely Bec. Absolutely love your bricks.
When we found the daydream, we started thinking about getting the 32. The price difference wasn't that much. When we went back to the display with my parents, to show them. They talked us out of getting the 32. They think the 30 is still to big.
MrsJM
Love this floor plan. Welcome to the Coral Family! Lucky for you, you are a QLD... Us distant NSW cousins are the outcasts of the family lol. Qld builds tend to run okay so here's hoping!

The daydream is certainly a gorgeous floor plan. Any idea when your contract is due?

MrsJM, I've been stalking your build for a few weeks now. My heart breaks for you. The horrible things you have had to deal with.
I grew up in Sydney, so glad I'm not building with Coral down there. Not that I'd be able to afford it, bloody Sydney housing prices!
Hopefully our build goes well.
The daydream is amazing. It has everything we wanted. Contracts are being ordered today. So 2 weeks, im guessing.
I have full faith yours will run perfectly!! Can't wait to see another Daydream come to life! Even though it seems like a while away, time will fly between now and your colour appointments so use this time to gather ideas and inspiration pics so you can go to your appointments as prepared as you can
If you need any advice or help with anything, post up here or on the general build thread and between all of us, someone should have an answer! All the best for a great build ahead!

Hi Jane!

Great plan, my hubby loved the daydream but it was too wide for our block so went with the Noosa.

Best of luck with the contracts.. Looking forward to seeing your colour selections!
MrsJM
I have full faith yours will run perfectly!! Can't wait to see another Daydream come to life! Even though it seems like a while away, time will fly between now and your colour appointments so use this time to gather ideas and inspiration pics so you can go to your appointments as prepared as you can
If you need any advice or help with anything, post up here or on the general build thread and between all of us, someone should have an answer! All the best for a great build ahead!

Daydreams seem to be a popular house atm. My consultant is currently doing 4 of them.
Ooh goodness colours! My husband and I can't agree on much.

We have picked moon dust in double height. With off white mortor. Can't agree on roof/garage door colour.
We are tiling everywhere, can't stand carpet. I'm thinking a very neutral tone throughout. More than likely very grey.

Ryalls_first_build
Hi Jane!

Great plan, my hubby loved the daydream but it was too wide for our block so went with the Noosa.

Best of luck with the contracts.. Looking forward to seeing your colour selections!

Ooh bugger! That's a shame about it not fitting, but the Noosa is just as gorgeous. I haven't found a coral house that aren't amazing.

Colours are causing a few issues in our household atm.

They really do have lovely houses!!

Just seen your doing moondust bricks with off-white mortar.. Ours out being laid - hopefully right now! And they look fabulous.. Kinda wishing we didn't pick render for the front of the house we love them that much
We put a monument with it and timberlook garage door
Ryalls_first_build

Just seen your doing moondust bricks with off-white mortar.. Ours out being laid - hopefully right now! And they look fabulous.. Kinda wishing we didn't pick render for the front of the house we love them that much

Just saw your bricks, they look fantastic. I've def made the right choice.
My hubster doesn't like render, being a painter(no longer painting tho, thank goodness) he didn't want the upkeep.
I was thinking a timberlook garage door, then we could tie it in with a nice deck porch, but then again dreams are free, houses aren't lol
xjanex
Ryalls_first_build

Just saw your bricks, they look fantastic. I've def made the right choice.
My hubster doesn't like render, being a painter(no longer painting tho, thank goodness) he didn't want the upkeep.
I was thinking a timberlook garage door, then we could tie it in with a nice deck porch, but then again dreams are free, houses aren't lol

Hahah aint that the truth!!

I was suprised that the garage door wasnt that much more maybe $400? That was one of hubs small list of must haves.. So we got it

MrsJM

Dont want to scare her, but remember defdaz is here in qld and his was a daydream!

Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
I found you! Glad you're building with coral too. You should have a speedy run, as Mrs JM said the qld builds are flying

vonsta76
I found you! Glad you're building with coral too. You should have a speedy run, as Mrs JM said the qld builds are flying

I'm so glad we ended up going with Coral. Besides the poor nsw people, it seems Coral are good. Your build seems to have flown by.
We are still waiting for land to register.
xjanex
vonsta76

I'm so glad we ended up going with Coral. Besides the poor nsw people, it seems Coral are good. Your build seems to have flown by.
We are still waiting for land to register.
/quote]
Ah bummer, hopefully no delays and it gets registered on time

We have our fingers and toes crossed for November registration.

Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum