Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone built with Dechellis in SA

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm considering to build with Dechellis in SA and wondering if anyone is building or built with them recently. What was your experience like? They don't want to give me cost breakdowns for anything so I'm not sure if I should be concerned.

Thanks
Hmm that does sound a little bit concerning, makes you wonder how transparent they'll be during the admin stages. I had full price breakdowns from Rossdale and Simonds before having to pay any sort of deposit. Sorry I can't help further with regards to Dechellis

Building with Simonds in S.A
I would agree with marshall5858. We went with Oakford and they were very transparent. Best of luck whichever way you go. If you're looking for other options I would highly recommend Oakford.

Whichever builder you go with, insist on a breakdown of everything that they are including.
Unfortunately we found out the hard way (after two years of working with a builder) that generally the inclusions they include in their quotes can be quite a way off (allowances etc) and not everything you "think" should be included is.

Definitely, definitely request everything in writing and if you want a custom home, a project builder may not be able to do what you want them to. We found this out too after being sold by a project builder that they were also a custom builder they weren't :/
Hi

Yeah, We built with Dechellis, wouldn't recommend them to anyone. We had a contracted term of approx. 6 months that instantly turned to 12 months due to a series of woeful errors by them. Their response to any compensation for lateness is 'NOT IN HIA CONTRACT'. The poor quality of the finished home is beyond a joke. We have been in the house 11 mths and nothing from our pre handover or handover has been repaired. Guess the loose term of within a reasonable time frame that is all over the HIA contract protect them !. We have 5 pages of faults that include non compliant bathroom tiling to floor tiling that over 70% is either hollow, chipped, cracked and uneven. They bullied us into taking handover of the house and even have bullied me to sign the letter of compliance certificate saying HIA have advised us of a $4000.00 fine for not doing so.
So my definite answer is NO I would not recommended Dechellis to ANYONE !

PM Me for more details.
This is belated but appreciate the replies everyone!

scottdreams88, how has your ongoing experience with Oakford been? I think I'll consider getting in touch with them.

balazaml, I've sent you a PM.
Related
21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum