Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

UMBRA Estate Greenvale

Page 1 of 4
A forum for anyone who will be building in the UMBRA Estate Greenvale.
Is their anyone out there?
I drove by their yesterday. Absolutely beautiful!

I'm up a bit further up in Mickleham
APB09
A forum for anyone who will be building in the UMBRA Estate Greenvale.
Is their anyone out there?

We have purchased a block in Greenvale Central (directly across from Coles). We are meant to be titling in November however nothing has been done. When are you expected to title?

Hi Tarajbrown,
Thanks for your reply.
The first stage of UMBRA was suppose to title back in May.
I am in stage two and that is suppose to title in October.
With a bit of luck stage two wont be far behind schedule. They are currently putting in the pipe infrastructure.
If they have not started your estate, I don't think they have a hope of finishing by November unless they throw a lot of resources at it.
One thing I realised very quickly is how optimistic the developers are.
Hopefully it titles by the end of the year! It's starting to come together, every time I drive past I wish I have of purchased land in this estate. It's going to looks really nice. I hope that they replant a lot of trees again along mickelham road once things calm down.

I'm not holding my breath with my land titling this year, however I really hope that it'll title sometime next year.

Hello APB09,

Just found this site/forum that you started looking for some Umbra estate new home Builders. We have a block in stage 2 which as far as im aware is in the process of being title. Its a guessing game to see which house from stage 1 will be completed first. Are you stage 1 or 2 ?
Hi Ssjo,
Happy to here from someone.
We are in stage 2 also. My conveyancer told me a few days ago the paperwork is with the titles office and we should be looking at settlement fairly soon.
We went past the estate yesterday and yes there is a lot of activity going on.
We have already signed up with a builder and plan to build as soon as our title comes through.
How about you.
We also have a builder signed and have the same plan to build ASAP. We went with Metricon but there are some very nice designs/builder's out there! Its sad but think i will miss walking through display homes! But the up side is that we will have our dream house. It looks like a great estate and it will be every green (trees, open space).

From once you turn into the estate from the frist street on your right all the way down to the park is all open green space.
From the greenvale central structure plan there will be a lake planed at the botton of the estate (if the owners ever sell and someone pays for it). This means that the estate can't grow any bigger downwards from that frist street on the right.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&sour ... JJHxeiN7Qg

Looking forward to it.
We are down towards the back of the estate. We are happy to be in a small pocket. We are bordered by MIckleham Rd on one side, the Future Wetlands (Lake) behind us and Greenhaven Park with the Broad street drain underground to the other side.
The only future development will be on the other side of Bonds lane. I did notice from the Precinct Plan a large track of the land on bonds lane will be for Medium Density housing.
The other thing I like is being centrally located rather than North of Somerton Rd.
My sister lives in Greenvale Gardens. She is going to end up in the middle of a big estate.

We are building a double storey with Henley. I plan to start another thread for our build.
We to are down near the bottom of the estate also, we are on greenhaven drive. Henley homes are nice! They were in our top 3, I liked the display houses which are up the road . We to are going double story! It also increases the back yard for the kid even though the park is just 30 to 40m away.

The location was what we liked as you can buy and build new and still within walking distance of old infrastructure. We were thing of buying old in greenvale but it depends as it could take you 10-15min to drive to your house after you get to greenvale. So, we got the best of both worlds and a new home!

How did you go with the estate design guidelines? We got knocked back for too much brick work in the front. We changed it and then they said they liked it better before! so they let us have it.
We are neighbors, we are on Greenhaven Drive.
Are you saying your plan has already been approved by the panel.
As far as I know Henley have not submitted our plans to the design panel as yet. I will ask them.
Henley made us add additional render to our facade to meet the requirement, at our expense of course. Maybe I should try your little trick.
Can i ask if anything has been done on your block with regard to soil testing?
Hey neighbor....lol.
I dont no if they have done any soil test as i haven't asked. Our lady a metricon submitted our plans and the front garden design with fence last week. It came back as I had to include the front fence on the front veiw of the house plans. With the garden i had to show the plant ratios per square meter (back to high school).

Yeah, we had just over 20% brick work showing, it was the 2 front pillars of the house. We changed it to render one because we could not render both as it would be more then 70% of one type of material. They said it would look better with the two pillers in brick, then we had the tick.
Ssjo, one thing I found strange with the estate guidelines is the maximum height of your front fence, only 800mm. I thought this was a typo at first but checked, and it is right.
I do agree. I would have at least said 1200mm. When you do drive around through other estate without front fences i do like the idea of the fence as it will finish off the estate. It makes it nice and neat
Hi,
I spoke with Metricon today to ask and they have already received soil test and surveys on the property – only waiting on further service information and Title on the land.

Title would have to be near!
Did you mention to Henley that they can submit the plans to the developer anytime ( as long as there are no more structural changes). It only took a few day for us to get feedback back from them through the builder.

Hope its smooth sailing for you!
Ssjo, thanks for your info. I spoke to Henley today. Our landscape plan has been approved. That's one tick.
Henley have requested a soil test, once received they apparently attach that to the house plan for submission to the design panel.
Hopefully that will happen soon. As you have said, land tittle cannot be far away.
Hi APB09,

We have titled on our lot !
So, i would be guessing you have as well, have you?

Now the fun part to start!!!

Hi Ssjo,
My conveyancer told me yesterday the lots in stage 2 had titled. Our settlement is on the 14th.
At least from then on we can see something tangible happening on our lots.
Still a long way to go though!
Hi guys,

We have land up the road in heritage views.

Quick question, after the developers had finished works on the land, how long did it take for all the titles and paperwork to be finalized until you were able to settle,
The land was finished 14/12/16 (no more work from the developer). The developer handed the paperwork to the titles on the 2nd of February and we received titles on the 27/2.
Then 2 weeks more for settlement to take place.

Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum