Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build in Calleya, WA

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone.

My wife and me are about to start building our first home in Calleya (Banjup), Perth, WA. We are building with Easy Start homes, and we have decided on the Adina, one of they Display Range models. We just recently signed our PPA a couple of weeks ago, and waiting to sign the building contract, settlement and so on.. so, yes, it is a long way to go!, but we wanted to document our progress and to be able to share our experience with people going through similar process.

Despite we like the design of the Adina, we are not quite convinced on the kitchen layout, I think specifically how the fridge sits on its own almost by the Laundry... however we are clueless on how to make it better. Have any of you guys used a similar design? any thoughts on how to make the kitchen better? Any comments / suggestions on the rest of the design are also welcomed.

[img][img]https://s32.postimg.org/p6zgehg75/Adina.png[/img][/img]

So far we have not move far from the original plan as seen on the picture, the only thing we have added is an extra meter to the master bedroom and to the living room

We are looking forward to keep you guys posted on our journey, cheers,

DVP
Your image isnt posting

Hi Beazley77.. yep, I drop the ball on attaching the plan, but I thought the link worked... anyway, let me try this a second time.. hope it works

Hi DVP

Welcome to H1 and congrats on starting your build journey

Having fridge next to laundry is probably not such a bad thing, a lot of new designs have scullery where people put their appliances. if you start thinking that your laundry that sits right behind the kitchen to be you scullery, it will make sense perfectly.

If you look at my thread you can see our floor plan where we did something similar. We also upgraded the trough in the laundry to be ceramic based which gives laundry a bit better feel.
Dvp
Hi Beazley77.. yep, I drop the ball on attaching the plan, but I thought the link worked... anyway, let me try this a second time.. hope it works

Hi
Seems very blurry to me but I don't see an issue with layout. I would recommend a door on your laundry though if there isn't one already as they can be noisy. Also maybe consider changing from a slider to a usual aluminum framed French glass door (I think that's what they're called) so you have some wall at end of laundry to help with overhead cabinets if you were considering that in the future. Or even if you were considering wall mounted dryer it will help you being able to vent to outside etc.

Have you also considered doors for your theatre to keep noise in? If not maybe just get the door frames put in so you can add later down the track. May also help make it into a private space usable by guests if needing more sleeping space etc at times

Hi Dup,

Welcome to homeone.

I'm currently living in a rental based on the same plan. I wanted to build the same plan, but i couldn't get everything i wanted included within my budget.

I love how the kitchen is set up. Plenty of cupboard space including overheads. I find the location of the fridge works really well. There is door to the laundry as well.

When planning your electricals, have 2 double GPOs on the back walls - 1 on either side of the cooktop - 1 gpo isn't enough

Consider putting a gpo on 1 end of the island bench just under the overhang too.

Also, if you have a microwave oven, consider where you want to have it. I have to have mine on the counter in that nook area to the side of the kitchen.

Def put a door to the theatre as suggested above.
Thank you all for your warm welcome, and for your comments on the plan. It is really exciting, despite the fact that we are still months away from seeing any movement on the block he he he.

Beazley27, the idea of having a door on the Laundry did not even crossed our minds, but it makes perfect sense!. The one on the theater did occur to us beforehand

Jpmontoya not a bad idea of thinking on the laundry as a pseudo scullery. And last, but not least, Rosemi thank you for your first hand comments on this layout, it makes us feel more confident on our selection. Good tips on the location of the GPOs and the microwave recess, we would definitely take your comments on board.

Thank you all for your comments guys, we would keep you updated on our journey.

Cheers,

dvp
Hi DVP,
Welcome aboard!
I love one of the easy start plans (on display in Baldivis Parks, can't remember the name) I want to build it as an investment. They make some really nice designs.

Definitely the laundry door and you can never have enough power points!
Looking forward to following along

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum