Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne

Page 1 of 27
We are currently in the admin phase of a knock down re-build with M.
We signed and paid initial deposit in February 2016 and recently signed our preliminary contract in June.
Had our colour and electrical appointments on 28th & 30th June (I'll post pics shortly).

We had a bit of a shock at prelim contract signing with our costs increasing by $30k due to slab upgrades, OHS requirements and parking permits for the tradies!! Unfortuneatly that has mean't we will have to put our pool dreams on hold for now.

We have a narrow block of just 12.3m so that made it very difficult finding a volume builder with plans that would suit. We spoke with a few boutique style builders but the prices were way too high.

The Metro 32 fits on narrow blocks of just 10m and the floor plan is versatile enough for us the our 3 kids.
Now we just have to get through the rest of the admin stage, demolish and get the new build started!!....can't wait!
A few of our selections:

Brick: Black Diamond
Roof Tole: Ebony Boral Striata
Gutters: Night Sky
Fascia: Night Sky
Down pipes: Night Sky
EPS Cladding Top Floor: Dulux Knowing
Render to Pier: Dulux Domino
Windows: Satin Black
Pivot front door: Cabot's Stain - Charcoal

Garage Door: Seville in Night Sky
This is the style but not the colour:

Kitchen:
40mm on island in Sleek Concrete
20mm appliance bench in Osprey
Cabinetry Polar White Silk Finish
No handles
Butlers pantry the same cabinetry and 20mm Osprey stone.

Kitchen Tap:
Milli Glance Mixer

Following! Wow, love your selections, they are going to look absolutely stunning! Do you have any images that inspired your choices?

Can't wait to follow your journey, it's a very exciting time!
Love your colour selections! Are you able to post your plans at all?

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
We're also building the Metro 32 (modified) with M! Will definitely be following your journey! We've also chosen the Vogue facade. Our selection appointments are next week
JLH222
A few of our selections:

Brick: Black Diamond
Roof Tole: Ebony Boral Striata
Gutters: Night Sky
Fascia: Night Sky
Down pipes: Night Sky
EPS Cladding Top Floor: Dulux Knowing
Render to Pier: Dulux Domino
Windows: Satin Black
Pivot front door: Cabot's Stain - Charcoal

Garage Door: Seville in Night Sky
This is the style but not the colour:

Kitchen:
40mm on island in Sleek Concrete
20mm appliance bench in Osprey
Cabinetry Polar White Silk Finish
No handles
Butlers pantry the same cabinetry and 20mm Osprey stone.

Kitchen Tap:
Milli Glance Mixer

Very nice selections - I especially love the brick and external colours!

Sorry everyone, my app has been playing up and I didn't get any notifications on your posts!
I will post plans and pics later tonight

We are still in admin phase....waiting for report and consent approval from council before we move out and knock down....however our 270 days is fast running out so we'll see how that plays out!

Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
Great choices. What are your tile and wall colour selections?
Vantage_35, we haven't had our tile appointment yet. Apparently we can't until we sign final contract. But we're going for an industrial luxe style so concrete look tiles for downstairs and wet areas. Feature tiles in bathrooms but still undecided on what exactly.
Paint colour is: Lexicon Quarter for ceiling and White on White for the walls, internal doors, skirts and arcs. We'll use art to bring in some colour. I also love to change stuff around regularly when I get bored so didn't want to lock any colours in that I may have to change later! Lol.

Here are our plans...we haven't made many structural changes other than the stair will be an open stair to allow more light through and the stacker doors will open the opposite to what they are now and the pillar in between the stackers will be about a quarter of the size that's shown on the plans.
We are putting a gas log fireplace in the living room. The ensuite we have added a door to the entrance, removed the door from the toilet and replaced the wall between toilet and shower with a glass panel (shown longer than it will be on the plans).
I'm looking forward to getting our final plans through.
We've also made the laundry cupboards bigger by using the voids on the sides.

Wow plans look great.
Did you make any changes/upgrades to the kitchen? and how much did they quote you for it?
Vantage_35
Wow plans look great.
Did you make any changes/upgrades to the kitchen? and how much did they quote you for it?

We have made a few changes/upgrades...
Kitchen bench is wider and we've added cupboards to the back of the bench.
Upgraded to 40mm stone and I think it's cat 4 but it's not shown in the PC, it's on a variation.
Added pot drawers, added doors above fridge, added a pantry cupboard next to the fridge for extra storage.

Upgraded our sink to an Oliveri undermount sink.
Upgraded to 2x 600mm Electrolux ovens and 900mm black glass gas cooktop

We're having no handles on all overhead cupboards and the under bench cupboards and drawers will have hidden handles.

Window splash back in kitchen and butlers pantry.

I think that's it...

JLH222
Vantage_35
Wow plans look great.

We have made a few changes/upgrades...
Kitchen bench is wider and we've added cupboards to the back of the bench.
Upgraded to 40mm stone and I think it's cat 4 but it's not shown in the PC, it's on a variation.
Added pot drawers, added doors above fridge, added a pantry cupboard next to the fridge for extra storage.

Upgraded our sink to an Oliveri undermount sink.
Upgraded to 2x 600mm Electrolux ovens and 900mm black glass gas cooktop

We're having no handles on all overhead cupboards and the under bench cupboards and drawers will have hidden handles.

Window splash back in kitchen and butlers pantry.

I think that's it...

Impressive! So would you say ~$10k to do these kitchen upgrades?
Yeah, that's probably about right....it adds up pretty quickly!

What staircase are you getting with your build?
Envious of how big your laundry is. Ours had to be shrunk after we tried fitting in the guest bedroom downstairs. I'm starting to regret not having a window at the entry hallway to allow more light in. Hopefully my entrance door and sidelights would provide sufficient light. I notice you've gone for the 1200mm pivot door. How amazing. Any sidelights?

Vantage_35

Hi Vantage,
We are having timber treads and open risers, concealed wall stringer on left hand side and a black steel zigzag stringer on the right with patch glass fitted balustrade.
I will find a pic of something similar for you to see....

beac_faith
Envious of how big your laundry is. Ours had to be shrunk after we tried fitting in the guest bedroom downstairs. I'm starting to regret not having a window at the entry hallway to allow more light in. Hopefully my entrance door and sidelights would provide sufficient light. I notice you've gone for the 1200mm pivot door. How amazing. Any sidelights?

I wish I could make the laundry bigger! Lol....with 3 kids, I need it to be big!
I was able to make my linen cupboard wider and add sliding doors to save space

Yep, went for the pivot. We've gone with a solid timber door with 1 side light. Going for a mid century design look....hope I can pull it off, lol.
The picture window in the entrance I've changed since we were given those plans too....I made it bigger! We've had to make pretty much all our windows double glazed due to the amount of glass we have!
I love Windows and natural light

Vantage_35

Ok, check out this link....
Pretty much the same as this but I'm undecided on timber species yet and stain colour.
Also finalizing the handrail.
Minus the red pillar too....I don't want that

http://sastairs.com.au/project/david-street/

Sometimes I wish we purchased a wider block of land.. So many more design options and lots of space for every room. So jealous of your pivot door. We couldn't afford that. Only managed to get the hinged one and 1020mm. Any knock down date yet? Right now I'm still making changes to my final variation before we sign off. Can't wait to start construction already!!

Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

13/05/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

😃 will do an exclusive one for Simeon.. COVID back at home.. kept it simple & we moved in.. & yesterday was the first day at our new home.. Few more bits to go -…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum