Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our 1st Build in Ascot, Melbourne

Page 1 of 9
Managed to add an avatar.

Decided to set up my own thread instead of hijacking someone else.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah2 ... y00qob.jpg

Our empty land taken before land settlement

House plan and facade
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah2 ... u5pz3y.jpg

Bathroom colours
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah2 ... aelaab.jpg

Interior colours

Exterior colours
This is our 1st home and have no idea how the whole selection will work together. We went for earthy colours.

Almost 2 months after our land settlement and all we have is just fencing and puddle of water in our land.

Rain and more rain... 8 more days to July and can't build a slab yet..
If you put the img brackets on either side of your links they will become images instead.

i.e. (img)http://yourimage.com.au(img) but use the square brackets instead.
Ooh, your block looks nice and flat

Your colours are lovely ^_^! I think they will work well together. Your right, very earthy tones. I like your mosaic tiles, so shiny.

Oh dear, your mud pile looks quite a lot like mine, but yours has a fence. Shame about the delay on getting a slab down ;; but the rain has to clear eventually.
Awesome so glad you have started a thread! Like your brick, it will look great. Hope we have a break in this weather soon so you can get started.

My 2016 build viewtopic.php?t=81011
This is what tapatalk looks like if you want to upload a pic or attachment, so easy

Thank you Charley, yes it is so easy to upload photos using taptalk. ( I admit I am rather Dxxx when it comes to social media)

Thanks Dawn. The mosaic strip was for the feature wall in the shower. We actually prefer dark tiles but Bb said it will make the shower space look smaller since we really don't have a big bathroom. We should have chosen dark grey/black grout to camouflage mould in long run.

The brick colour was not our initial choice. We had to change it to brushwood and also our garage profile as our neighbour had the same selection as us. We only had 2 option either to upgrade the brick or to take that as the standard colour.

Lovely use of the space with your floor plan.

The feature tile is divine

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
I actually really like brushwood. It was my second choice after mocha. What was your original brick choice?

I was so worried that on my neighbor's would have something the same as me, but I got lucky. My next door neighbor has a very plain brown brick from what I saw on the weekend.

Cant wait till we all move in. We'll have to grab a coffee or something

Have you got any pets Cap?
capricorn
Thanks Dawn. The mosaic strip was for the feature wall in the shower. We actually prefer dark tiles but Bb said it will make the shower space look smaller since we really don't have a big bathroom. We should have chosen dark grey/black grout to camouflage mould in long run.

Yes we got dark tiles and dark grout and our bathrooms are small. Oh well, too late now lol

charlibear
Lovely use of the space with your floor plan.

The feature tile is divine

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thank you charlibear. Where are you building yours?

I had a look at your tiles selection on page 1. I love the whole lot but my favourite is the big black tiles and the the white feature tiles.

Charley
capricorn

Yes we got dark tiles and dark grout and our bathrooms are small. Oh well, too late now lol

Dont worry Charley, I am sure your bathroom is bigger than ours since it is custom made.

Thanks Cap! The tiles were what I was most excited for on selection day, did a lot of homework beforehand hehe

We are building in Northern NSW but won't be going to council until around October.

Are you building in the same estate as Dawn?

viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Thanks Cap! The tiles were what I was most excited for on selection day, did a lot of homework beforehand hehe

We are building in Northern NSW but won't be going to council until around October.

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Wow NSW! No wonder your land and house is massive. Looking forward to see the completion of your mansion.

Yes same as Dawn, just 2 streets away.

capricorn
charlibear

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Wow NSW! No wonder your land and house is massive. Looking forward to see the completion of your mansion.

Yes same as Dawn, just 2 streets away.

I don't know how people can live in busy metropolitan areas, I can't handle Brisbane in "low peak" traffic
typical country girl here.

I don't know about mansion but I cannot wait for it to be built, currently living with the inlaws, while I am grateful for their hospitality it's bloody hard

You'll have to keep an eye on each other's build and watch them come to life in the flesh
Related
5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum