Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building New house, need advise on important things to look

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I am planning to build in The Grove Tarneit soon. I am considering Mimosa Homes and Singh Homes considering feedback of their clients, quality of customer service and cost from bulk builders.

Just met Singh homes and so far we are impressed with the selection and quality to inclusions been told, but most important differences from Mimosa from inclusions are:

Singh Homes >> Mimosa Homes

- 90mm MCP 10 Studs @450 >> 90mm MCP 10 Studs @600
- Windows brick in-fill >> upgrade (standard FC infills)
- Kitchen bulk head>> upgrade
- 2700mm ceiling height >> 2550mm
- 40mm stone kitchen benchtops >> upgrade
- 20mm stone vanities >>upgrade
- Laundry sink wooden cabinet > upgrade
- Porcelain tiles including 600x600 >> upgrade (standard is ceramic 450x450)
- letterbox, antenna installed, cloth lining >> upgrade
- 20xLED down lights >> upgrade (standard fluorescent x18)
- Niches >> upgrade
- min 2.0 and 3.5 insulation >> 1.5 and 3.5 insulation
- Glass rangehood >> upgrade
- Separate stove and oven >> upgrade (standard slide-in appliance)
- Tile shower base >> upgrade

Singh home is offering better prices as well. Any suggestions about which one should be preferred and which items from infrastructure and quality to consider. Thanks in advance.
Hey...what's a kitchen bull bar? I've actually never heard of either builder but maybe start by checking licenses etc on the fair trading website
good luck

Mimosa is pretty renown in Victoria now especially in West and North. Product review rating is also good and majority of people have commented good about them.
Related
27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

23/08/2023
Need advise on surfacing render interior wall

General Discussion

I am looking for someone who might have tackled a similar issue as me. I have a few rendered interior walls, the surface condition is hardly flat. I can see all the bumps…

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum