Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Mainvue Aegean430 - 45sq in Berwick Waters

Page 1 of 15
Hi everyone,
Much like many others I have been reading & researching and found this site extremely valuable, so as I am now finalising my quote & soon to attend colours appt, thought I too would start my own thread.

My husband & I purchased a 576m2 block of land in Berwick Waters estate, which isn't due to title until Jul 2017
Which we plan to build our "forever home" for our family.

I fell in love with the Aegean after looking at the Metricon Vantage initially, then the Emporio but the Aegean suited us perfectly once we swapped the study & theatre around and the dining & alfresco so the alfresco will be on the side of the house where we plan to put a pool.

We currently have many upgrades, from what I can remember:

Escape facade (balcony)
Pivot front door
Triple garage extension
Double glazing to all windows
Opticom pack
Cat 5 bricks
Increased ceiling heights to both floors
Square set cornice to downstairs
Wrought iron staircase
Extended island in kitchen - 40mm & 80mm stone bench
Black onyx undermount sinks to kitchen & butlers
Window splash backs
Water point for fridge in cabinet above
Sink mixers (spray) to kitchen, Butlers and laundry
Double Bosch wall ovens
Bosch semi integrated dishwasher
SMEG 90mm induction
F&P concealed rangehood
Bin drawers to kitchen and bathrooms
All pot drawers on lowers & handle-less cupboards on uppers
Freestanding bath on platform in ensuite
Floor to ceiling tiles in bathrooms/powder
Mirrored doors to robe in bed 2
Shower niches to all 3 showers
Extended bench in laundry with overheads
Step down to garage
Adding 12 Windsor doors - stained wood with translucent glass
Double external doors (solid) to theatre, opening outward into hallway - same as front door but narrower (big $$ here
)
Cavity sliding doors to ensuite
Adding 3 vertical Windows to dressing room to change facade to look like Triniti.
Fly screens to all openable Windows & sliders to alfresco
Heating upgrade
Cat 5 floor tiles to whole bottom floor except theatre & study
Intercom
Alarm
Stair lights
Provisions for pendants, split system, evap, fans & future pool equipment
Internal wall insulation
Sound break batts to theatre walls & ceiling.

Carpet, cooling & window coverings post handover.

Sooooo, colour appt next Monday which is exciting, will post inspo picks when I work out how lol.

And getting married next Thursday, so it's all happening!

Looking forward to updating this thread not only to assist anyone that's interested but as a little diary of sorts for me.

Thanks for reading.

A. x
This is the original floor plan but I'll be swapping theatre & study and alfresco & dining.

This is the escape facade but my colours will be different & I'll have 3 vertical Windows over garage.

Lovely floor plan with lots of space. Congrats on the upcoming wedding
Congrats on the wedding! Can't believe you're planning a house and a wedding at the same time! Definitely following your build too.

How come you didn't get double glazing for the picture window? Do they look different?

Firstly welcome and look forward to your build. You have picked a great floor plan but I'm a little biased lol.
strawbola
Congrats on the wedding! Can't believe you're planning a house and a wedding at the same time! Definitely following your build too.

How come you didn't get double glazing for the picture window? Do they look different?

Mainvue won't do double glazing on a picture window. Not sure why.
Narrewarren01
Firstly welcome and look forward to your build. You have picked a great floor plan but I'm a little biased lol.

Haha. I know you're biased Narrewarren, I'm following your build with great interest.... A preview for me
Ok, so each day presents a new dilemma with the colour appointment looming...

I've decided on the Austral Hawthorn brick and the render to the balcony to be a browny grey, possibly linseed with a lighter trim, like the display in Greenvale (which is the Emporio, not the Aegean)...

... But my dilemma is which stain for the Windows, front & internal doors which will be timber surround with translucent glass (Windsor 21). I'm leaning towards the Rich Chocolate, however the v9 stain will match the staircase which will have wrought iron balustrades.

Here is a pic of the grey tile I will have to the whole bottom floor (except study & theatre), the big block is the stair colour & the smaller is the rich chocolate - which I'm worried will show chips & scratches.

The internal doors (will have 11 of them).

This is our front door, with 2 smaller identical doors to the theatre.

Any thoughts?

Loooooving these pebble tiles & stone tiles...

...would love them on the platform that the bath will be on in the ensuite & in a strip along the floor to the shower but not sure if Mainvue will do it, or if Henley can source them from Beaumonts. I'm waiting to hear back.

Also love these stone brick tiles as a feature too:

Another pic of my floor tiles (the light grey on the left):

And will likely go with the "concretes" possibly fresh in the kitchen & raw in the powder/bathrooms, but still undecided on this too. caesarstone:

Love your selections. I'd choose the v9 as I think it will match the stairs and tiles better than the dark brown colour. But then again, what colour timber will be used on your internal doors?
HomeAngels
Love your selections. I'd choose the v9 as I think it will match the stairs and tiles better than the dark brown colour. But then again, what colour timber will be used on your internal doors?

Hi Homeangels,

I think the internal door stain options are the same as the Window stain options. I've changed from v9 to rich chocolate to Merbau and back again. At this point I tend to agree with you, just concerned the v9 might look a bit washed out. The rich chocolate is more modern and will match the windows that are aluminium. But then if the front door is rich chocolate, which garage door colour do I get? Still caoba?
I think definitely rich chocolate for the windows. I'm also thinking for the doors too. But it took me a long while to decide that lol. Good luck. I'm not looking forward to colour at all.

strawbola
I think definitely rich chocolate for the windows. I'm also thinking for the doors too. But it took me a long while to decide that lol. Good luck. I'm not looking forward to colour at all.

Thanks stawbola. Yes I'll definitely do the Windows and the doors in the same stain. The few Windows that are aluminium will be monument I think. So hard to take everything into consideration.
WOW! lovely big house! love your upgrades list, is there an aegean on display still?
Where abouts in BW are you building?
Congratz on your upcoming wedding as well.
Aww thank you Pearz. Yep there's an Aegean on display at Keysborough... Been there so many times! Lol..

Bought in College green in BW. Are you there too?

Thanks, we're just going to the registry office, but it's supposed to be nice...

Aegean430
Aww thank you Pearz. Yep there's an Aegean on display at Keysborough... Been there so many times! Lol..

Thanks, we're just going to the registry office, but it's supposed to be nice...

LOl i'll have to check it out next time I'm at Keysborough. I'm in the estate across the street from you! Fun times, I can't wait till BW starts planning for the shopping centre and all that
Aegean430

I've been to the display so many times I feel like I'm starting to get to know it better than Jane lol. I pointed out something she had never noticed before last time I was there.

strawbola
Aegean430

I've been to the display so many times I feel like I'm starting to get to know it better than Jane lol. I pointed out something she had never noticed before last time I was there.

Really? Was it the uneven tile/skirting in the ensuite/main bedroom? Lol

Aegean430
strawbola
Aegean430

Really? Was it the uneven tile/skirting in the ensuite/main bedroom? Lol

No lol. The timber windows were different. The frame was thicker or something. We want all our timber windows to look similar.

Ahh ok. Didn't notice that...

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum