Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Williams Designer Homes build, West Wallsend NSW - Moved In

Page 1 of 33
Hi guys!

My husband and I are getting towards the end of our design stage of our build so I wanted to start my own thread, most as sort of a record for me to look back on once this is all over and done with. Plus I'd love to make some new friends along the way!

So our journey thus far…

We bought our block in stage 4 of the Appletree Grove estate in West Wallsend in August last year, and our land was registered in December. We were originally planning on buying our next house, we just needed something bigger so that we could start a family. We went out to look at the land just to see if building was an option after finding nothing that suited us for sale. We loved the views to the mountain and the quiet and the bush reserve across the road.

After all of the builders reopened in January after Christmas we went searching for the perfect forever home with a project builder. Our block is sloping away from the road (I think the fall is around 3-4m over the whole block) and this proved difficult for a lot of the project builders, they all wanted us to have a stepped slab or split level but we just wanted single story. After a while we began looking into custom builders and had meetings with a few, including Tony Williams from Williams designer homes. He suggested building on piers (he was the only one to suggest that option) and we decided he was the one to go with.

We are now about to finalise our design, choose our colours, and sign contracts. It has been smooth sailing so far, fingers crossed it continues.

(we've had a couple small changes since this floor plan was drawn)

Building in Appletree Grove with Williams Designer Homes
Yay you started your thread!! Make sure you post some of your selections when you have a chance
It looks great! Looking forward to following your build
Thanks guys, it's getting exciting!

We have our selections appointment on Wednesday arvo, we kind of have exterior colours and bathroom tiles picked.
Yay!! Posting to follow
k.goldington
Thanks guys, it's getting exciting!

We have our selections appointment on Wednesday arvo, we kind of have exterior colours and bathroom tiles picked.

Oh very exciting! ! Your so lucky you get to have it this late, ours was back in December

Best of luck and enjoy!!

Our selections meeting went great, our selections consultant is great. We still have to lock in our flooring - tiles, carpet and laminate. We have to pick our tap ware and door furniture as well but I feel like we've made heaps of progress. Hopefully once we get all the quotes on our various upgrades back we can afford to get them all!

Anyway, here is a couple pics of what we have chosen.

Our mirrored splash back & and Caesarstone bench top. I'm really hoping we can get the waterfall edges, just have to wait for the quote.

These are the tiles we will be using in the bathrooms for the most part.

I don't really have pictures of the other stuff, let me know anything else you guys want to see and I'll try to get pics.
Great to hear!!! What did you decide on for your wall colour?

The walls are going to be stonebridge which is a light grey. I'll see if I can find a picture.
Great to hear your appointment went well. Your selections look fantastic! Are you going with laminate through the living areas? There are so many great options available these days.
Linen
Great to hear your appointment went well. Your selections look fantastic! Are you going with laminate through the living areas? There are so many great options available these days.

I'm really happy with how it went. I left my sunnies behind accidentally, and when we went back to get them our builder was waiting for us to come back and about to call me. That really made me feel like we have picked the right people.

Yeah we're going to go with laminate, I just think it will be more heavy duty with the dog. Plus I don't like how cold tiles are.
Also two other things I'm a bit excited about. Our showers are going to be overhead/ceiling hung and have massive heads (yay!). Also our SC said that once the contracts are signed and everything is good to go we will be getting a login into to a website portal thing that will let us track our build and see where everything is up to. How cool is that? I didn't even know what was a thing.
k.goldington
Also two other things I'm a bit excited about. Our showers are going to be overhead/ceiling hung and have massive heads (yay!). Also our SC said that once the contracts are signed and everything is good to go we will be getting a login into to a website portal thing that will let us track our build and see where everything is up to. How cool is that? I didn't even know what was a thing.

Ohhhhh soooo jealous about the portal! !!

Are you guys number 19?

k.goldington

Whats this about a portal?! I didnt get a login! Must be a new thing?

Building Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Follow my build:
Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74754&start=4280
I didn't even know it was a thing. I think it was call Builder Trend or something like that. But apparently we will have access to a website where the company tracks our build and we get to see what stage everything is at. I'll be on that 24/7 once we get access haha. I guess it's new? She was using it to put in all of our selections yesterday which was cool. She could show us pictures of the various options we had.
Sweet im going to email my cso now. If i can get access i'll be on it 24/7 too!

Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
Love your selections btw

I just realised you arent building with coral. That sux, i wish we could all have portal access

vonsta76
I just realised you arent building with coral. That sux, i wish we could all have portal access

Yeah, custom builder. Maybe contact them anyway, might be something they could start doing.

vonsta76
Love your selections btw

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to seeing it all come together.
Related
9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

2/09/2023
Architect vs designer vs builder

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your build is relatively simple, I believe your job can be easily done by a good building designer, you really do not need to pay for the architect. Remember, architect's…

30/05/2024
I need the forum's help to find a new designer

Building A New House

I also notice that most the builds in Australia are really simplistic when it gets to the interior design and lighting design. Most of the builds are just offering off the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum