Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aegean 430 from mainvue - lockup stage pics added

Page 1 of 8
Thought I'll start my own blog, after nearly 1 year on a waiting list we finally purchased in the area we wanted to live in and raise our kids. Cut a long story short we have finally started constructed.
The slab was completed this week so looking toward to the next 6 months

Congratulations Narrewarren, good luck on a stress free build. Would love to hear about your upgrades & colour selections.

Aegean430
Congratulations Narrewarren, good luck on a stress free build. Would love to hear about your upgrades & colour selections.

Colours are very contemporary so going a modern look

Surfmist roof, gutters, fascia and down pipes
Whisper white render to first floor
Monument render to garage and feature pier, garage door is monument
Still have to do feature tiling to one of the piers after handover

Upgrades - might take me 2 pages to list lol
Sounds great. Yep, I hear you regarding upgrades. You're building the Emporio?

Just a little update- slab has been marked out ready so the framers can start Monday. Have also started planning future landscaping which is going to be a massive job by the looks of it. Started correlating ideas

Quick update - carpenters have started the frame today and are expecting to be finished in a few weeks. Will go past tomorrow and take a few happy snaps
Love your landscaping ideas, very contemporary/modern
Some progress from today

Great to see progress in this wet weather.
Moving along nicely so far

It looks huge! Have you already organised your pool? Did you have to upgrade footings to support it?
Hi Aegean, unfortunately can't afford a pool right now. Just building the house and landscaping at this stage. I'm also doing a lot of things inside the home which I deleted from the contract

Will be installing something like this after handover. White 2 pac door with marble bench top.
Yep, fair enough. I'm looking at putting a pool along the side of the house, similar to your picture if the budget allows.

Can't wait to see how your house turns out. What colour scheme are you going for?

Very modern

Surfmist roof, gutter, fascia, down pipes
render to first floor is whisper white
Garage render and garage door is monument
I Have a feature pier in monument and the other pier im tiling after handover.
Have 600x600 super white porcelain tiles down stairs
Rich chocolate stain to external and internal doors
Super white porcelain tiles to wet areas 600x300 with feature tiles in jazz lappato.
Kitchen will be white with grainy tops and vanities not sure yet. Thinking a natural timber top with 2 pac doors.

This is the Jazz tile

Porcelain super white

Gorgeous. Keep the pics coming

Aegean430
Gorgeous. Keep the pics coming

What stage are you at

Have paid the refundable deposit, compiling a really detailed quote (No.4) which I'm expecting back today. Land doesn't settle til Dec/Jan so long wait for me. Still have to pool quote & sell my place in a few months. Sooo much to do!

Frame update - ground floor done

Front portico

Related
24/05/2024
MJH 2024 - Timeframe from lockup to PCI

Building A New House

Anyone have any ideas on time frame? - Our gyprock got delivered today and SS said it will be all installed by end of this coming week with waterproofing to be done a few…

20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum