Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Modified Noosa 25 in Lake Macquarie

Page 1 of 13
Hi All,

I have been reading posts for a few weeks now and decided to start my own thread more as a personal recount of the whole building process than anything else.

Our story so far:
We sold our first home in June 2015 after spending 10 years gutting and renovating the whole thing. We converted a run down little 2 bedroom house into a 4 bedroom family home. In those 10 years we got married and had 2 kids. Hubby is a carpenter by trade so did 99% of the renovating by himself, hence the reason why it took so long, plus the $$$. We purchase a block on land in Watagan Park, Cooranbong in July which was registered in late October. While waiting for the land to register we looked around at a number of different project builders before we finally settled on Coral. We each wanted something in particular in the house - I wanted a dedicated lounge room/activity area for our kids while hubby wanted to make sure our master bedroom was not at the front of the house. Finding a house that fit both requirements was near impossible but we found the Noosa 25 display at Woongarrah and modified it to suit our needs. We were able to stretch the house 3m in length to add in an activity room for the kids, create a big walk-in pantry for the kitchen, extend kitchen benches and add a study in also. We had a few issues arise with the drawing up of contracts and thankfully hubby knows a lot about the building industry so they were resolved eventually. As it stands today we are 2 days off start date
We have had contact today from our SS who has requested to meet us on site on Friday to go through a safety audit. I am a bit bummed out that this is happening a day AFTER start date but there isn't much we can really do about it. Fingers crossed things run smoothly now that we are on site because it has taken us nearly 5 months to get here (contracts were supposed to have been signed January 8th).

Fingers, toes and everything else is crossed that the weather stays sunny and the scrape, slab pour, etc can all happen when it is supposed to, I really want to be in our new home before Christmas this year.
Hi Neighbour!

We are also building where you are. All the best with your build, I hope it's smooth & fast.

Here is my thread:
viewtopic.php?t=82386

Hi there!
Super excited to watch your build.. we are building a noosa 26 in West Wallsend and hoping to have a start any day now!!
Quick question - does anything start on-site before you have the safety audit? Our start date is tomorrow but safety audit isn't till Friday or Tuesday.

same house as us
great design
our safety audit was after our start date as well... nothing starts on the start date, ours was around 10 days after before something started happening
So our site got scraped and leveled today! Total surprise! Official start date is tomorrow. Will take a pic tomorrow morning, felt a bit strange stopping to take a photo with the guys still there finishing off this afternoon!

A toilet has never been so exciting!! Especially a portaloo

So we met our SS this morning. Hopefully pegs and piercing will be completed next week (weather permitting) and then slab by the end of the following week. I know it's all just a guess as nothing goes according to plan but I'm certainly going to keep everything crossed it runs nice and smoothly from here on!

good luck!
Yay! We have pods and pegs!

Best of luck for your build! Would love to see your modified house plan, we are planning on building the Noosa 26, would love to see where your activity room is.
Congrats!

http://bellaviabuild.wordpress.com
Fantastic news! Sounds like your ss is on the ball
Site fence and silt fencing has been put up. REALLY hoping for piering and plumbing/electrical trenches and pipe work to be done tomorrow....

Nothing done yesterday
Bit bummed out about it because the weather has been perfect all week for progress and in the end we got pods delivered, pegs in and a site fence up. Not as much as I was hoping for...

Drove past late yesterday and pier holes were done yesterday, didn't look like they had been filled with concrete though. On the plus side our new neighbour was there checking out the progress on his place and he seems great!

Thats great news, neighbors can make your life so difficult if you dont get along. We havent met ours yet but im alittle scared!
No it isn't. Where abouts are you building?

At West Wallsend, We meet ours tomorrow..
Related
17/03/2024
Any reputable custom builder in lake macquarie area

Building A New House

It is in lake macquarie area and dimensions are width 14 m and depth 8 m and the slope is 1/5 going down from the road.

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum