Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR With Rawson Homes - Balmoral 34 Mk1 - Majestic Facade

Page 1 of 6
Hi Everyone!

Just thought I'd start sharing.

24-03-2016 Moved Out

29-03-2016 Gas Abolished by Jemena.

04-04-2016 Demo Begins (Democorp), Rawson SS assigned, but I don't know who it is. Edit: (Had I bothered to read the attached letter I would have seen who my SS is)

11-04-2016 Demo Complete. Awesome job by Democorp, they are a class act and I would highly recommend them.

13-04-2016 SS picked up file from Head Office.

14-04-2016 Clearance Certificate Received and forwarded to Rawson

19-04-2016 Peg Out Done

20-04-2016 Rawson Fencing is up

21-04-2016 Met with SS on site to go over any questions we might have about the process.

02-05-2016 Scraping in progress.

05-05-2016 Screw Piers installed.

09-05-2016 Under slab plumbing.

12-05-2016 Waffle Pods and reo.

16-05-2016 Slab

23-05-2016 Frames Delivered

29-05-2016 Windows Delivered

30-05-2016 Framing Started

07-06-2016 Framing and Windows Level 2

08-06-2016 Framing Completed

25-06-2016 Bricks Arrived

11-08-2016 Brickwork Complete (7 Weeks from arrival)

20-08-2016 Gutters, Fascia and roof completed

14-10-2016 All cladding done. Scaffolding removed. Electrical and plumbing rough in complete.

04-11-2016 Plasterboard and Waterproofing done

21-04-2017 Handover

Here's what we are starting with:

Day one, Democorp on site bright and early. Wasting no time getting into it.

Where are you building? Looks like we might be on a similar timeline - our demolition is done and site excavation was completed last week. We're expecting slab pour in about a week and a half.

Good luck with your build. Isn't it exciting to get started?

Rawson Benham KDR
<URL>https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82770&p=1531839#p1531839</url>

Hi Joamoa, are you building front of side entry?

red15
Where are you building? Looks like we might be on a similar timeline - our demolition is done and site excavation was completed last week. We're expecting slab pour in about a week and a half.

Good luck with your build. Isn't it exciting to get started?

Rawson Benham KDR
<URL>https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82770&p=1531839#p1531839</url>

Thanks! Building in Rockdale. Demo should be done Monday. Can't wait to hand over to Rawson.

Good luck with your build!
Katran

Front Entrance like CalvinHobbs. Very similar floor plan.
Joama - congrats on the start. We are building a balmoral too, will be watching with interest!
fizzed
Joama - congrats on the start. We are building a balmoral too, will be watching with interest!

Thanks! What stage are you at? Do you have a thread here?
Rawson are supposed to be starting tomorrow - putting water tanks in first and then levelling land

Won't hold my breath - as this will be the third start date they've given us

Haven't started a thread yet - hoping to do it once the build actually starts...
Have they taken possession of the site? Is their fencing up?
Yes they took possession quite a while ago with fences going up week or two before Easter long weekend (when they were first going to start)

We've been assigned a new SS so I'm hoping he will get things moving
fizzed
Yes they took possession quite a while ago with fences going up week or two before Easter long weekend (when they were first going to start)

We've been assigned a new SS so I'm hoping he will get things moving

Well at least the clock is ticking for them at this point, not you. Not much of a consolation, I know. At least it's been dry so they can't claim weather if they run over 10 months.

Best of luck.
Yes I've told them it's their clock ticking and they need to get back on track

Though not sure how clear I was that they have broken the contract - they should have started 20 days from peg out but tomorrow is about 33 days...
I'm pretty sure our contract actually says 20 days from the time we completed all our requirements - ie, from site handover, which was even earlier than peg out. Sounds that like they've got some work to do to get back on schedule.

I'm not seeing any posts where people are ahead of schedule - preparing myself for frustration in the months ahead and trying to stay focused on the end game.

Rawson Benham KDR
I think Rawson have a personal development plan I wasn't aware I'd paid for - practicing patience
. I will certainly be practising and trying to imagine just how good it will be when we are in

All the best!
joamoa
Katran

Front Entrance like CalvinHobbs. Very similar floor plan.

Congratulations and good luck with your build! Take lots of photos throughout the progress!
fizzed
I think Rawson have a personal development plan I wasn't aware I'd paid for - practicing patience
. I will certainly be practising and trying to imagine just how good it will be when we are in

All the best!

LOL. In all seriousness, just look at the bright side if you can. Once you sign the contract, the only thing you can do is always keep them in check. Think like honing your project management skills - it's your house and your money only you hired someone else to do these for you, but at the end result is a house they'll turn over to you once it's built.
Screw piers and formwork!

It's all starting! Slab can't be far off now!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Ohh, we are definitely on a matching timeline! Our piers went in last Friday. Do you have a slab pour date? Ours is supposedly happening Monday - though it's the third date we've been given so we'll see.

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82770&p=1531839#p1531839
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum