Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

1st Time Build - Devon Park SA Fairmont Homes

Page 1 of 1
My husband and I are building in Devon Park SA. Pretty small house compared to some of the others I have see everyone talking about but nice and close to the CBD. Things are progressing pretty well I feel with Fairmont.
Last week we received our contracts in the mail and the next day I received a phone call from the engineer and soil sample guys who came the next day to our block to do their bits and pieces!
We then received another letter in the mail from Fairmont explaining a bit about how things work for us. Once the reports from the engineer come back - 5 weeks approx. - we will have to wait an additional 1 week for our final plans/variations and then we can book in for selections etc.! How exciting.
We are lucky enough to have had our plans in at council and accepted prior to signing up with Fairmont so once the engineer report is in they will lodge it to council and it should be approved in a matter of days. This will save us weeks!
I am looking forward to sharing our journey with anyone who is interested and in turn would love to hear about your building journey with Fairmonts.
Our sales rep is still continuing to look after us, just the other day he emailed me with a contractors name/number who will do a competitive price on the driveway paving/concreting and stormwater!
Loving the communication and information so far.
Hey, good luck with your build. Looking forward to seeing it.
Congratulations for making the decision to build and your choices. I'm sure you'll enjoy the process. What floorplan and façade did you choose?
Welcome....look forward to another SA build.
Related
5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum