Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Queenscliff 416 with Fairhaven Homes

Page 1 of 14
As the title states, we are building the Queenscliff 416 with Fairhaven Homes.
Our journey with the Queenscliff 416 began in January 2015 after looking at many display homes from various builders and after much discussion about whether to renovate & extend our old house or knock down & rebuild and start with a blank canvas.
After getting our first tender in January 2015 and 19 revisions later, we finally signed a contract in December 2015 and demolished our old home in January 2016 and had a site start on 3 March 2016.
The site has been cut, holes dug for our 2 retaining walls (we are on a sloping block) and steel upright posts were installed and concreted in today.
We have photos of the progress but are not sure how to load them - any assistance on how to load photos would be appreciated!
Photo upload instructions, thanks to Stewie

1) Upload your photos to an image hosting site like Photobucket.
2) Click on your photo that you want to post here.
3) Locate the IMG tag under "Share Links" on the right hand side of the photo.
4) Click on that IMG code line and copy it.
5) Paste that into your post here then hit the submit button.
If you have a smart phone then using Tapatalk etc for a direct upload here is probably easier...
Thanks.
Some photos of our progress below

Some of our colour selections

Got a call from SS yesterday - the concreters started drilling some holes for the concrete piers and have advised that there is there is too much rock in the fill so it has to be removed and replaced by clean fill.
The joys of building!
Approved plans

59 concrete pier holes drilled - getting closer to the slab being poured.

Piers poured today despite the rain.

Plumbing now underway - hopefully the slab pour is on track for Friday.

Ready for the slab pour tomorrow.

We've been slabbed.

Framing due to start on 27 April and I'm incapacitated as I fractured my ankle in 3 places last weekend- impeccable timing!
Given my incapacity we decided to engage an independent Building Inspector to inspect 3 stages of the build and, after informing Fairhaven of this, they are now claiming an extra 2 weeks for each inspection.
Has anybody else's builder tried to claim extra time once an independent Building Inspector has been engaged?
That's a little odd! Although I guess they have to wait for your inspector and building report to come back and allow time to repair any possible defaults. Maybe just precautionary?

I hope so Kat, another 6 weeks on the build time is not something we want.
Framing now underway.

Looking good! Although I'm sure not much was happening today with this crazy weather!
Have you got a month you're hoping tone in by?

There were six on site today and the ground floor appears to be nearly complete.
At this rate we may start to see roof trusses by the weekend.
We hope to be in by mid November, may be even earlier if all goes well.
Oh that's crazy! The weather was insane yesterday haha!

November will be here before you know it!

The Phoenix rises from the ashes

Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum