Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Top 3 Quality Builders for Sydney NSW

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

We are a young family with 2 babies, looking to build within the next year. We are pretty green to the whole home building game and are hoping that you would be able to shed some light

One thing we know for sure is that we will need a quality trustworthy builder.

Out of your experiences, who would be the top 3 "go-to" builders for quality/honesty/reliability in Sydney NSW?

I understand they may be slightly more expensive than the cheapest, but we would rather pay a little more for a builder which comes with the best recommendations.

So what are your go to "top 3" Sydney Home builders?

Product review, review website the top 3 builders as GJ Gardener, Hotondo and Better Built. Not sure though, I think homeone is the better resource for this sort of feedback.

Happy for you to PM me if you do not feel like posting here!
Hi I was in a similar situation to you about 2 years ago. I didn't get much help from the first two on your list and selected Rawson in the end. This was before they started a massive advertising plan. So far beside the first SS being unable to cope with his job and resigning we have had a really good experience with them. The new SS is so much better as well. What part of Sydney are you building in? The people I wanted to go with are http://feltonconstructions.com.au but our budget couldn't stretch that far.
I don't think the top 3 would be project builders.

You can also pay way more than "slightly" more for one builder over another builder, but I think it's hard to put a finger on how to judge whether what you want is going to end-up cheaper with a project builder (basic cookie-cutter stuff) or cheaper with a custom builder (for when modifications to a project builder's design total-up to being double their quoted base price).

Have you been to Homeworld? You can get an idea of the level of finishes that various builders use, although make sure to get a total of what's installed because build-costs on some of those display homes are 3x the base-price. Once you know the stuff you want, I suspect it'll be easier to leverage H1's experience in terms of costs.
Forg

Post subject:  Re: Top 3 Quality Builders for Sydney NSW  
I don't think the top 3 would be project builders.

I was trying to stick with project builders as I would imagine they are more cost effective than custom builders, and also have a list of ready to go, tried and tested designs that can be tweaked to suit if necessary.

bavshan
Hi I was in a similar situation to you about 2 years ago. I didn't get much help from the first two on your list and selected Rawson in the end. This was before they started a massive advertising plan. So far beside the first SS being unable to cope with his job and resigning we have had a really good experience with them. The new SS is so much better as well. What part of Sydney are you building in? The people I wanted to go with are http://feltonconstructions.com.au but our budget couldn't stretch that far.

Bavshan, I have heard good things about Rawson. Apologies but who is SS?
site supervisor

Rawson Edge 39 MKI in Ryde, Sydney
jarunit
Hi guys,

We are a young family with 2 babies, looking to build within the next year. We are pretty green to the whole home building game and are hoping that you would be able to shed some light

Out of your experiences, who would be the top 3 "go-to" builders for quality/honesty/reliability in Sydney NSW?

I understand they may be slightly more expensive than the cheapest, but we would rather pay a little more for a builder which comes with the best recommendations.

Product review, review website the top 3 builders as GJ Gardener, Hotondo and Better Built. Not sure though, I think homeone is the better resource for this sort of feedback.

Hi jarunit ,I'm aware this is a late reply, but this could help the future users
I read your post, fortunately, my friend doing construction business in Sydney for 10 years.
He's having good experience in renovation and building custom homes for a reasonable price.
I'm leaving his website address here you check his work and other projects

https://www.bicconstruction.com.au/services/custom-home-buildings/
jarunit
Hi guys,

Those companies wouldnt be on my top 100 of quality sydney builders.

If I cant choose my own business to build my own home, I would choose of of a myriad of custom builders, but on the slightly volume scale here is my list:

1. Meadowbank Homes
2. Homestead Homes
3. Chateau Homes

The best major volume builder who's work I have seen recently is Fowler. Wisdom also build a really nice home.

At the end of the day it comes down to your budget. The cheaper the budget the poorer the quality of trades and the lower level of supervision you will get.
Ashington Homes
jarunit
Hi guys,

Those companies wouldnt be on my top 100 of quality sydney builders.

If I cant choose my own business to build my own home, I would choose of of a myriad of custom builders, but on the slightly volume scale here is my list:

1. Meadowbank Homes
2. Homestead Homes
3. Chateau Homes

The best major volume builder who's work I have seen recently is Fowler. Wisdom also build a really nice home.

At the end of the day it comes down to your budget. The cheaper the budget the poorer the quality of trades and the lower level of supervision you will get.

Honestly can't fault the comments and advices that you have kindly provided in various posts, most if not all of which are valuable. But this:

"If I cant choose my own business to build my own home, I would choose..."

seems way too self-serving, especially when the licence of Ashington Homes is subject to the following condition:

ONLY FOR CONTRACTS NOT REQUIRING INSURANCE UNDER THE HOME BUILDING COMPENSATION FUND

To me, that means Ashington Homes cannot undertake anything more than minor renovation work so engaging your own business to build your own house is legally a no go.

I am disappointed because I was tempted to look at what Ashington Homes has completed in the past with a view of starting a discussion. But guess Ashington Homes still has a few boxes to tick on the licence side.
Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

2/05/2024
Ceiling Joist/s Timber quality Question

General Discussion

It's MGP 10 which means every length has been machine graded to it's specified engineered strength. It may not look pretty and if you where hand picking your timbers you…

31/01/2024
Bench top chipped

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

These can be easily filled and repaired and it doesn't cost them much to do. Id get the builder to do this first and if the repair is not suitable then a replacement is…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum