Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Duplex

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

we have purchased a block of land with intention to build and we were informed today that there are going to be duplex's next door. They are in the process of building.

This has put me off but I am wondering if living next to a duplex is not as bad as I am thinking.

Does anyone have any pros and cons about this they would like to share?

Thanks
Any opinions on this at all?
I’d prefer a duplex than 6 flats!

They will probably be expressive duplexes, so the people buying them won’t be just any old Joe Blow. Could be a couple of grandparents moving in to scale down from their big home, you’ll never hear them!

I have not heard bad things about duplexes, just units and flats.
Young party goers can only afford those. So you should be OK!
But I know how you feel, the block next door to me is finally for sale after 20 years.
I must say I’m a bit nervous as to who and what will go there……

That’s progress!!!!
Have you spoken to the council, or has any applications been lodged. Get them and you should see what you are in for. If the owners come over when you are at your block, have a chat to them, can save a lot of trouble (if there is any)

Adrian B
Related
11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

31/10/2023
Help with evaluation of a duplex

General Discussion

Hi everyone, building a duplex with my brother and we will then subdivide the land with council. Each duplex will be 360m2. The frontage of the house is West facing and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum