Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Contract question

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys. I have been reading a lot of posts on my specific building company on here. I don't wish to name names but I would like to know what people's take on a certain line in most building contracts is.

The line says "255 business days to completion of works". Does this mean 255 days from the signing of the contact or 255 business days from siteworks?

I am being told it is from date of siteworks by the building company. We are 18 months into out build and only have a slab to show for it!! The slab took 14 months!!
Omg! I'm guessing the company is using your money for another build. The contract is from the start of the build, so site works. How are they explaining this?

14 months for a slab?!? That's ridiculous. Would also like to know what their excuse has been, and how you haven't pulled all your hair out by now n

If I was you I would be starting to keep a good file and chronology, you will need it. If you have not already, consider using a good building consultant to help you.
Normally the days mean from the start of site works although the definition does vary depending on which contract you are using. See this link for more information http://anewhouse.com.au/2015/09/when-di ... act-start/
Cheers for all the replies. I don't have an issue with the 255 days to build the house, my issue is the allowed 45 days to start site works turned into nearly 300 days to start site works. The total contract allows for 300 working days, we are now at about 390 working days and still only have a pad. Surely that is a breach of contract right?
It sounds like you might need some legal advice unfortunately.
Related
3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

27/07/2023
Slab design - contract issues

Building A New House

It looks your builder was trying his luck

28/07/2023
Removing items from contract

Building A New House

The best advice is for you to get a competent building consultant to guide you through your build

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum