Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Bentley Homes in Woodlea

Page 1 of 1
Is anyone else building in Woodlea, Rockbank? We bought a 350m2 block in May 2015 (Arbourton Stage 4) and are due to title in the coming weeks.

We are building the Radisson 225 with Bentley Homes. We have chosen our colours/electrical and have completed our tender. Our soil test is being done this week so we are waiting for that before signing the final contract.

Would love to hear from others who are building with Bentley and/or in Woodlea.
Hi kitty
Good to hear someone is going to start building in Woodlea
For sure following u , I bought in stage 11 which ll be titled Jan 17
Can u share us ur site cost coz they said its rocky foundation and going to cost much

Which stage Joseph ? And can u share us ur experience? Which builder? Soil type ?

I don't believe that anyone has completed building in woodlea there is no one living there yet only completed display homes, we purchased in stage 3 just settled going to build with mainvue

KittyKat88
Is anyone else building in Woodlea, Rockbank? We bought a 350m2 block in May 2015 (Arbourton Stage 4) and are due to title in the coming weeks.

We are building the Radisson 225 with Bentley Homes. We have chosen our colours/electrical and have completed our tender. Our soil test is being done this week so we are waiting for that before signing the final contract.

My wife and i have a block in woodlea. Stage 4 titled on 11th March.

We have our plans drawn up and have conducted a soil test which cane back as a P class due to excess fill greater then 400mm.

We are currently speaking with some builders.

Main issues we are experiencing is around the slab requirements.

One builder recommended piers but apparantly that is really expensive.

Another builder has NOT recommended using a waffle pod slab but to use a conventional raft slab.

I have seen all the display homes and neighbouring homes in my street (flock st) being built and all are using waffle slabs and no one definitely has used piers.

Would love to hear from others building at woodlea about what there builders have mentioned about there slab requirements.

Cheers

Woodlea estate is a high heave risk estate. You must make sure the builder complies with all the relevant sections of the Australian Standards. I hope you get a good Building inspector and consider a protective concrete apron around your house as early as possible.
insider
Woodlea estate is a high heave risk estate. You must make sure the builder complies with all the relevant sections of the Australian Standards. I hope you get a good Building inspector and consider a protective concrete apron around your house as early as possible.

We are building using a conventional slab. Is this concrete apron still recommended?

Yes definitely I have seen a lot of convention raft slabs heave.They are no guarante against slab heave.
The only reason I am saying this is a known the estate well it is very dry with highly reactive fill which is a bad combination.
I would include the concrete apron as a mandatory part of the build
insider
Yes definitely I have seen a lot of convention raft slabs heave.They are no guarante against slab heave.
The only reason I am saying this is a known the estate well it is very dry with highly reactive fill which is a bad combination.
I would include the concrete apron as a mandatory part of the build

Thanks. As part of the plan we were looking at concrete around both sides of the house but not front or back. So we should have paths all round the perimeter.

The more you do the more you reduce your risk.I would think the rear should be done unless you are having a pergola or some structure
to protect the ground from the weather. If the ground at the front slopes towards the road then there is less risk.What did you have in mind for the front?.I hope you are not thinking of putting a garden bed or quartz pebbles against the house as these could cause problems especially the quartz pebbles.
KittyKat88

Please share to me your experience with them and site cost. I'm thinking to build with Bentley. Thank you
Hello if you get your costs fixed then you shouldn't have to pay more later on
I couldn't get fix site cost. They can't give me. Anyway, how's Bentley home in other sides? I like their layout and thinking to build with them. Thank you.
I got fixed site cost before land titled 17000 with Fairhaven homes and it didnt changed even soil test came as P slab

harpreet3318
The final site cost.......doeas it comes after entitlement. ....

I am also in process of getting quote from Bentley. ..

But afraid...they leaving many quotes for later on......i guess they gonna rip me off later on when i pay those 2000...

Any comments?

I will Suggest go for fixed site cost please make sure they include the slab type as per soil test / Enginner report / rock removal and so on. Woodlea fixed Site cost is between 14K to 18K to ensure you are cover with everything .

i will advice get quote from volume builder first then go to small once and compare it .

top of list
Henley homes
Carlisle
Potar Devis
boutique home
I have had a quote from Henley for 15500 fixed. My block has up to 500mm fall and the building will be within 3 m of the easement
KittyKat88

Hello, please share to us for your home building progress, would be very appreciated.
Related
13/08/2023
Building in Woodlea

Building A New House

Hey, how did you end up with choosing the construction company? I'm going to be with Metronest soon. I've seen a few reviews of Metronest and they say it's fine overall…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum