Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Structural insulated panel (SIP) supplier or designer in QLD

Page 1 of 1
I'm planning to build a house in a C4 wind rated area in QLD central coast and I want to use SIPs for both the walls and the roof - preferably SIPs that reduce or eliminate the need for external and internal finishing.
Can anyone recommend a SIP supplier in QLD who is happy to deal with a residential house owner/builder ?
Can anyone recommend a house designer in QLD who has experience in using SIPs ?
I would be more concerned about structural integrity than internal finishes in C4 wind rated areas
You should consult a design engineer and weight up alternatives.
Also check with you council building dept, insurance company, compliance certificates,etc,etc
Apologies... moved to Owner Builder Forum.
Related
26/01/2024
Precast Insulated Walls vs ICF

Building A New House

Good questions but the best answer will be obtained by visiting (ie: interviewing) a couple of house designers and/or builders and ask them. You may find it challenging to…

2/09/2023
Architect vs designer vs builder

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your build is relatively simple, I believe your job can be easily done by a good building designer, you really do not need to pay for the architect. Remember, architect's…

30/05/2024
I need the forum's help to find a new designer

Building A New House

I also notice that most the builds in Australia are really simplistic when it gets to the interior design and lighting design. Most of the builds are just offering off the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum