Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Lennox with Celebration Homes

Page 1 of 2
Hello!

After reading along for a few months, we’ve decided to start our own thread

My partner and I are from the UK and have been here for about 6 years. We moved from QLD about 6 months ago so we’re just starting to get our bearings.

We purchased a block in Yanchep – very exciting because we’ve been renting for the last 6 years!

Prestart was this week so now looking forward to the end result. Not sure whether it’s the same with every build but who knew that picking carpet, tiles, paint etc was such hard work – lol.

The house we’re building is the Lennox build by Celebration Homes.

The Lennox Floor Plan

Our Most updated plan/Electrical Floor Plan

We made quite a few changes!
Flipped the house
Extended the Garage
Added an extra entry door
Added a wc behind the Garage
Extended the Study
Added shelving in the Larder
Added another shower and vanity in the Ensuite
Moved the fridge recess
Extended the benchtop in the Laundry
Upgraded the single robes to double in Bed 2,3 & 4
Added a bulkhead in the kitchen
Extended the bench top to create a breakfast bar
Moved the WIL/Store and added more shelving
Added x2 sliding doors in the Games
Few little tweaks here and there……
Hi Poms!
Welcome aboard - the lennox is a popular home and I like what you've done with it - in particular the storage (WIL, WIR, Pantry) and the powder room!
Wellard2ndTimers
Hi Poms!
Welcome aboard - the lennox is a popular home and I like what you've done with it - in particular the storage (WIL, WIR, Pantry) and the powder room!

Thanks Wellard2ndTimers

Love our WIL/Store – never can have too much storage

We added the Powder room to save walking through the house - hopefully it’ll work well
Our block - 520m²

Maddison Garage Door

Bathrooms
Jersey Ash Feature Tile with Lanka Matt White, Osprey Caesarstone, Stone Matt Cabinets with Belga Grey floor tiles

My Air!

Limestone Hue Brick

Seamist Pavers

Pretty happy with our selections. Some of the standard inclusions weren't too bad
We've gone for the standard Stylus Cadet Sink Mixer for both Kitchen & Laundry, also the mini version for the bathroom sinks. Standard Caroma Series A adjustable wall showers for the ensuite, but upgraded to the Stylus Cadet Rail Shower for the main bathroom (kids) -lol
We upgraded to the Rinnai 26 Hot Water System and added more zones to our aircon/My Air
Just waiting for our plans to be finalised so we can get the ball rolling! Trying to be patient, but dying to see the updated plans
Posting to follow your journey

We have chosen Belga grey for our flooring in the bathroom as well. So you have good selections there, lol
ChantalMaree

We have chosen Belga grey for our flooring in the bathroom as well. So you have good selections there, lol

Us too!
Definitely in good company
Wellard2ndTimers
ChantalMaree

Us too!
Definitely in good company

Great minds think alike
I loveeee the Belga Grey tiles! Just out of curiosity, what colour cabinetry did you both choose?

Thepoms09
I loveeee the Belga Grey tiles! Just out of curiosity, what colour cabinetry did you both choose?

Here our are wet area selections

I like the changes you have made to the plan. It's a nice looking house! Good luck with the waiting....it's almost killing me waiting for final plans.
Wellard2ndTimers
Thepoms09

Here our are wet area selections

Love your selections too! We nearly went for the Ancient Teak but couldn't decide whether it was too busy with the our feature tile (Jersey ash) - so went plain stone grey for our cabinets.

We're having Kitty Grey on the front elevation
Rocking the greys!
nelleebellee
I like the changes you have made to the plan. It's a nice looking house! Good luck with the waiting....it's almost killing me waiting for final plans.

Our final plans came in on Thursday, so excited
The sales consultant that we have has been so patient with us, so lucky
Although we might rock the boat on Monday - I noticed that we completely forgot to add shower recesses
New pics!

Site Prep

Footings 1

Footings 2

Slab Pour1

Slab pour 2

Our Slab!

Not sure how often you're meant to visit your site....I'm pretty much there every other day after school pick up!
The slab was poured over a week ago now so surely it can't be long until the bricks arrive?
Congratulations on your slab. It looks very smooth. Hopefully bricks will be soon. Our brickwork started in earnest today. Can't wait to see the rooms.

Looking good!

I am also building with Celebrations and my bricks arrived last Friday, two weeks after the slab went down. I am hoping they will start the brickwork this week.
Robina
Congratulations on your slab. It looks very smooth. Hopefully bricks will be soon. Our brickwork started in earnest today. Can't wait to see the rooms.

Thanks so much
I know what you mean, it's hard to imagine them until you see the brick walls.

oduen
Looking good!

I am also building with Celebrations and my bricks arrived last Friday, two weeks after the slab went down. I am hoping they will start the brickwork this week.

Wahooo! Congratulations Oduen. Would love to follow your build

Bricks!

Alfresco

Alfresco

Study

Power Room

WIL/Store

Garage

To date

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum