Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone have a light roof with a light brick?!

Page 1 of 2
Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of choosing the facade colours. We are planning to build a two storey house and are in desperate need of some inspiration.
We are leaning towards a lighter themed facade, the coastal look etc and I would really appreciate anyone who has chosen a light a brick and a light colorbond roof to share( show off:)) their colour schemes!!! Any pics or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!
Hi Gems,
we are going with a light brick and roof. I'm a little nervous about it but we had some help from a colour consultant so fingers crossed!! We also wanted a light, coastal feel to our house. I can't show you any photos of the finished product because we haven't started building yet..any day now though hopefully.
I'll watch your post as I'm curious to see if anyone posts some examples of this.. We've added some warmth with timber windows , door and timber look garage door plus a bit of warmer render to the front.
These are the colours we are using. The white will be weatherboard to the facade and one side as we will be having an alfresco area down the side as well.
What have you got in mind?

Our brick colour is Austral Ash, Colorbond roof is Evening Haze. We have rendered pillars in Charlie Horse and Sandfly Point weatherboard.

I think it will look good and suit costal but most importantly suit our hot weather and reduce solar gain, that has to be a good thing for your living comfort. We chose dark colours to our detriment. We now have lots of lots of solar gain. It will cost us more in energy use. The choice was for the look of course. A fashion choice not a sensible choice.
Thanks goody, that's a bonus. Good to know

Sorry that's a dune roof and garage and surf must cladding. I'll try and find a better picture.

Wow
thanks for posting this! I've jumped on someone else's thread but I love this. It's been hard to find examples of how the light colours will come up....so many people going with dark bricks and roof lately. What bricks did you use?

That's a good question! We are rendering in dulux tadpole so o didn't pay too much attention but I'll find out for you.

It's silver cloud

Thanks. Are you rendering all the brick or just the facade?

Front and alfresco side and bag and paint back and other side.

Hey guys

Great ideas and thanks for sharing ! I will post some pics soon once I figure out how to post on the website!!

Here are some colour choices I got especially made up.

This one is focused on grey themes. It's very light! If I were to choose this one I would soften it up and change the gutter colours.

This is still light but has a warmer tone.

Would love to know everyone's thoughts

Saint Girl
Hi Gems,
we are going with a light brick and roof. I'm a little nervous about it but we had some help from a colour consultant so fingers crossed!! We also wanted a light, coastal feel to our house. I can't show you any photos of the finished product because we haven't started building yet..any day now though hopefully.
I'll watch your post as I'm curious to see if anyone posts some examples of this.. We've added some warmth with timber windows , door and timber look garage door plus a bit of warmer render to the front.
These are the colours we are using. The white will be weatherboard to the facade and one side as we will be having an alfresco area down the side as well.
What have you got in mind?

Our brick colour is Austral Ash, Colorbond roof is Evening Haze. We have rendered pillars in Charlie Horse and Sandfly Point weatherboard.

They are great colours saint girl! This whole facade thing is driving me a bit nuts. We want something a bit different. I have posted colours on this thread also. Sorry, I'm new to Tapatalk so apologies if it takes me so long to answer

We have a white roof tiles and moon dust bricks. Surfmist gutters etc. not completely done but here is a pic so far.

Where are you building?

Check out my thread. We have light bricks, solver vitesse render and a surfmist roof. The front will be rendered the same as the upper floor. We're going for a coastal vibe too

Thanks, looks great and I did check out your thread. You make me want to start buying homewards and our build is yet to commence..lol.
What's your main brick colour please?

I do! It's a great combination, keeps the house cooler!!!

Related
31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

7/05/2024
Rendered brick wall to colourbond roof over flashing

General Discussion

Coming back to this.... When installing a pressure flashing, what fixings would you use (please give a link) ? Above Pedro said nylon anchors. Anyone have a preferred…

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum