Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

electrical question

Page 1 of 1
So now our house is built I have realised we haven't put a telephone line in bedroom 4 that we are going to use as our study - does anyone know if it's easy to get an electrician to come and add this ? or should I put my router in the lounge room where we have the connection and use wifi ?
Also wanting another GPO in that room on another wall to be more convenient so would that be fairly easy ?

I don't really get how these things all work
Sorry, i know this is a few months old. Installing a phone point shouldn't be too bad. The sparky should take a cable from the another phone point elsewhere in the house to the new one. Powerpoints are always easier to install in external walls as ylwe van go down the brick cavity rather than using an extension rod down an internal wall to drill through a nogging. In reality, anything is possible but it just depends on the attitude of your sparky.
I have DECT phones in my house. The base station is plugged into my router with the (3 off) wireless telephone handsets installed wherever you like. All they need is a power point for their battery chargers. I also have a booster so the handsets will work anywhere in my back yard.
Related
20/07/2023
Electrical

General Discussion

Must be labour only. One of those how long is a piece of wire questions.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum