Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Bronte Scarborough Facade

Page 1 of 4
Better late than not at all..
New to this and this is our first post..
We are 3/4 of the way through what has become a disappointing experience with Coral Homes..

I love your facade!!

Can't wait to see your modified floorplan and Colour selections! Excited to see another Bronte!

We have been looking at building the Bronte. Was so nice to see it pop up. Can't wait to see your ideas!

Well done jeffkaz
The more I look at it, the more I like it. We will be sticking to the Classic Facade.
Pity about the kitchen. How can they get it so wrong? What I got out of MrsJm's experience is not to assume anything.
skthomo
We have been looking at building the Bronte. Was so nice to see it pop up. Can't wait to see your ideas!

Hi there skthomo
It's great to see more Bronte builders. What stage are you up to?
We are still deciding on plans, we started with the Bahama 50 but ended up too much and we are still tossing up whether to build a double story. The Bronte seems to tick a lot of the boxes and when we saw one built in Pottsville with the same facade as you we loved it. Hope everything goes smoothly from now on for you. Can't wait to see your progress.

skthomo
We are still deciding on plans, we started with the Bahama 50 but ended up too much and we are still tossing up whether to build a double story. The Bronte seems to tick a lot of the boxes and when we saw one built in Pottsville with the same facade as you we loved it. Hope everything goes smoothly from now on for you. Can't wait to see your progress.

We looked at the Bahama but the Bronte was more suited to our needs and with minimal structural changes. We get our contract on the 15/01/16. It has taken us the best part of 6months going through each tender with a fine tooth comb. All I can say is take your time and double check EVERYTHING. If Coral has done their work correctly and noted everything, we should be right to go ahead (I can hear readers bauking at that .... stay positive I say).

We have a budget to stick to so rather than upgrade the facade, we modified the house and then some. I really hope that Coral comes through for everyone. There are people who are really struggling with their builds.
Corallake
skthomo

We looked at the Bahama but the Bronte was more suited to our needs and with minimal structural changes. We get our contract on the 15/01/16. It has taken us the best part of 6months going through each tender with a fine tooth comb. All I can say is take your time and double check EVERYTHING. If Coral has done their work correctly and noted everything, we should be right to go ahead (I can hear readers bauking at that .... stay positive I say).

We have a budget to stick to so rather than upgrade the facade, we modified the house and then some. I really hope that Coral comes through for everyone. There are people who are really struggling with their builds.

We looked at the Bahama but eventually made quite a few mods to the Bronte and went with that. We are very happy with the layout.
We spent a long time making the decision and looked at every house and every builder including a trip to QLD.
Our modified floor plan below. We added 1m to the house overall to make the main bath bigger, main bed bigger upstairs and Family and Powder Room / Laundry downstairs.

jeffkaz
Corallake
skthomo

We looked at the Bahama but eventually made quite a few mods to the Bronte and went with that. We are very happy with the layout.
We spent a long time making the decision and looked at every house and every builder including a trip to QLD.
Our modified floor plan below. We added 1m to the house overall to make the main bath bigger, main bed bigger upstairs and Family and Powder Room / Laundry downstairs.

Love what you did with your plan. We also added 1m to the house.The Bronte plan is great but the main bathroom/powder room/pantry and laundry were too small so that's we we put ours. Funnily enough we also got a roller-door at the back of the garage but they would only allow a 1500mm and no laundry chute

Your island still looks great but it's a shame they can't follow their own plans. Does the benchtop have a visible join? The display one in
Thornton had one and I'm a bit concerned. They will probably stall if you want them to change it...
Love what you have done to the floor plan! Love love the laundry and powder room! Why didn't we do that!? Would have loved a shower downstairs but wasn't sure how to go about it... Also wishing I did the external laundry access like you have.

Corallake why shouldn't they allow a chute?? Strange!!

MrsJM
Love what you have done to the floor plan! Love love the laundry and powder room! Why didn't we do that!? Would have loved a shower downstairs but wasn't sure how to go about it... Also wishing I did the external laundry access like you have.

Apparently top and bottom didn't line up or maybe too hard... Not really wanting to make more changes because it will just add more delays.
Anything happening in your neck of the woods? It's ridiculous that they can't be clear and define what needs to be done where and when with their clients. Sorry it's driving you nuts.
Corallake
MrsJM

Apparently top and bottom didn't line up or maybe too hard... Not really wanting to make more changes because it will just add more delays.
Anything happening in your neck of the woods? It's ridiculous that they can't be clear and define what needs to be done where and when with their clients. Sorry it's driving you nuts.

Mine didn't align either so my chute is angled. I know what you mean though. There are a few things I am desperate to change but I can just imagine the delays so I think I need to forget about it.

Have driven past my block each day this week to see whether we have temp fence yet but nothing.... hopefully site peg goes ahead Tuesday!
MrsJM
Corallake
MrsJM

Mine didn't align either so my chute is angled. I know what you mean though. There are a few things I am desperate to change but I can just imagine the delays so I think I need to forget about it.

Have driven past my block each day this week to see whether we have temp fence yet but nothing.... hopefully site peg goes ahead Tuesday!

Fingers crossed. Works should be starting up in earnest now. They really have a lot to make up for...especially with you.
Corallake
MrsJM
Corallake
[quote="MrsJM"]Love what you have done to the floor plan! Love love the laundry and powder room! Why didn't we do that!? Would have loved a shower downstairs but wasn't sure how to go about it... Also wishing I did the external laundry access like you have.

Fingers crossed. Works should be starting up in earnest now. They really have a lot to make up for...especially with you.[/quote]
42 Days past completion date and NO work this week Grrr!!

MrsJM

We spent a long time going over and over the floor plan. Had a list of what we wanted and ended up fitting most of it in. We have 4 kids so really wanted the downstairs shower. My only regret with the design so far is that we could possibly have made the master bedroom a little bigger by reducing the retreat but would also have had to reduce the alfresco below which is not an option, anyway we will live with it as it is.

Corallake
jeffkaz
Corallake
[quote="skthomo"]We are still deciding on plans, we started with the Bahama 50 but ended up too much and we are still tossing up whether to build a double story. The Bronte seems to tick a lot of the boxes and when we saw one built in Pottsville with the same facade as you we loved it. Hope everything goes smoothly from now on for you. Can't wait to see your progress.

Love what you did with your plan. We also added 1m to the house.The Bronte plan is great but the main bathroom/powder room/pantry and laundry were too small so that's we we put ours. Funnily enough we also got a roller-door at the back of the garage but they would only allow a 1500mm and no laundry chute

Your island still looks great but it's a shame they can't follow their own plans. Does the benchtop have a visible join? The display one in
Thornton had one and I'm a bit concerned. They will probably stall if you want them to change it...[/quote]
The benchtop does have a join approximately halfway along, being a dark top I thought it may stand out more but it's not bad.
The kitchen detail drawings shown benchtop 1440 wide but maximum ceaserstone manufacturer is 1400, this was only discovered by coral after the cabinets were installed. The open display shelves at the end of bench had to be removed and cutdown by 40mm.

skthomo

Yes the basic Bronte floor plan was a great starting point for us but after looking at house after house after house we just kept coming back to the Scarborough facade. We really liked the Metricon Franklin display home in Caboolture QLD but it was to wide for our block.

We love the Scarborough facade also, a lot of the single story plan with coral don't have the option of that skillion look. We have had quote from GJ Gardner, metricon and Stroud homes also. Has anyone built with Stroud homes? We are looking at the new Montego 393 plan. We have a very wide block on 1.5 acres but have to built something to fit a large family, home daycare and a granny flat. As you can imagine fitting all of this in and making it look great has been a mission. The Montego we can have the skillion roof, raked roof inside, enough bedrooms and a great space for daycare also. Waiting for a price. Love the plan of the Bronte you have done.

Where's the Painter ?
Was supposed to start 02.01.2016, SS was getting back to me yesterday to advise, haven't heard back from him and no painter.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum