Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Carmelle Q2 - Plantation Homes - Mango Hill - FRAME

Page 1 of 2
Hi all,
Our land was settled just a few days ago (yay!) and after visiting a gazillion display homes and reading through thousand design brochures and getting estimates from a dozen builders, we have finally decided to build a Carmelle Q2 with Plantation Homes at Mango Hill, QLD.

We weren't even thinking of buying a place, let alone build one until 2 months ago. It all started with an ugly confrontation with the neighbor upstairs and we just couldn't stand living in a rental property anymore. And here we are, proud owners of a very large pile of dirt.

We were quite impressed with Plantation's display home and funnily, they were the first ones that I threw in the rejection pile as I just assumed that "big builders" would equate to "very expensive". However, after looking at various estimates from other builders and looking at their standard inclusions, Plantation came out to be the cheapest in terms of price and inclusions. They also have a promotion where we get free carpet and timber look flooring (win!)

Here is the standard plan of the house

We are not making too many modifications, except for removing a window in the theater and reducing the size of the window in the dining room. We have paid the initial deposit for the land to have a soil test done, but we are waiting for the developer to grant access to the site.

We have been to the Cosham Studios in Springwood a couple of times already, to try and familiarize with the inclusions and the choices. I was a little underwhelmed with the list of choices that they have on display. However, you are able to choose other products from their suppliers list.

Our next stop from here is the tender contract early next month, hopefully we will have our soil tests ready by then!
Nice choice on the home, we're building the Q2 Lux. Our frames just went up not long ago, waiting on the roof, which goes on the 2nd of Jan.

Curios to know why you shrunk the dining room window?

Looking forward to seeing your choices. A tip - go directly to all the suppliers showrooms, there's so much more to choose from.
Hey lazybones, we just finished building with Coral Homes in Mango Hill
will look forward to following your build next year.
snyde
Nice choice on the home, we're building the Q2 Lux. Our frames just went up not long ago, waiting on the roof, which goes on the 2nd of Jan.

Looking forward to seeing your choices. A tip - go directly to all the suppliers showrooms, there's so much more to choose from.

Hi Snyde,
I have been following your thread, you have got some lovely color choices. We felt that the dining area would get lots of light from the alfresco and so decided to reduce the size of the windows (strange, I know).

I have been to a couple of Beaumont stores and they ignore me the moment I mention that I'm building with Plantation. However, we managed to find a tile in the "gold" labelled range that we want to use as a feature wall tile in the ensuite and main bathroom. I just hope that it doesn't cost a lot to use this tile.
manderinne

Hello fellow Mangohiller

Noosa 25 MKII was our second choice! I love the color choices in your home. Does your stage have NBN access yet?
lazybones1987
manderinne

Hello fellow Mangohiller

Noosa 25 MKII was our second choice! I love the color choices in your home. Does your stage have NBN access yet?

I only know of one other build in mango hill on here, so I was excited to see your post! We were stage 5 and yep, we have nbn
?
lazybones1987
snyde

Hi Snyde,
I have been following your thread, you have got some lovely color choices. We felt that the dining area would get lots of light from the alfresco and so decided to reduce the size of the windows (strange, I know).

I have been to a couple of Beaumont stores and they ignore me the moment I mention that I'm building with Plantation. However, we managed to find a tile in the "gold" labelled range that we want to use as a feature wall tile in the ensuite and main bathroom. I just hope that it doesn't cost a lot to use this tile.

Thanks

That's fair enough, what orientation is your block?
Surprising about Beaumont. Henley uses Hynes Group down here, and people were pretty good at their showroom. Guess it's luck of the draw finding someone interested enough to help and likes their job there.
snyde
Thanks

That's fair enough, what orientation is your block?
Surprising about Beaumont. Henley uses Hynes Group down here, and people were pretty good at their showroom. Guess it's luck of the draw finding someone interested enough to help and likes their job there.

The block has a N/E orientation, so should have plenty of light in the mornings. I think I'll head down to Reece and see what they have for bathroom ware.
Good luck with the build Lazybones! We are building in Redcliffe (knock down rebuild) and were at lock up just before Christmas (still surreal knowing how far we have come along). We are building the Aldo from the Molto collection with all the Plantation inclusions. We loved that floor plan however, we were annoyed that as it were under the "molto" collection it didn't have the same inclusions! Who is your admin?
kato0509
Good luck with the build Lazybones! We are building in Redcliffe (knock down rebuild) and were at lock up just before Christmas (still surreal knowing how far we have come along). We are building the Aldo from the Molto collection with all the Plantation inclusions. We loved that floor plan however, we were annoyed that as it were under the "molto" collection it didn't have the same inclusions! Who is your admin?

Hi there Kato,
Redcliffe is a great suburb. We love the beach. Yes, some of the floorplans are great in the "Molto" collection but it doesn't have the same inclusions as the "Plantation" collection. Our admin is SB. How are you going with your build? Have you sorted out your tender and contract?
Capestone represent! Stage 8 I assume? I'm building in stage 7.

Hi bmitchel,
I'm in stage 9. Great to see another mango hiller.
Oh nice of course missed your comment about access. They haven't opened up 9 yet but it must be really close. Have they given you an estimate on when it will open up? How big is the lot you got in the end? We got one of the largest we could get in stage 7 (503) which was a corner block. Still happy with what we ended up with. Stage 9 was just too far away for us.

They have said that access will be provided by the end of this month. The land size is 477. Who are you building with?
Hi lazybones1987

We are also considering Plantation homes for building our double storey home. How is your overall experience with them? Would appreciated your feedback
ss12
Hi lazybones1987

We are also considering Plantation homes for building our double storey home. How is your overall experience with them? Would appreciated your feedback

Hi there,
I haven't built the home yet (let alone see the land). We had our tender appointment only last week, but because we haven't had our soil test yet, they aren't able to provide the site costs.

Our experience with them (in the limited time) so far has been good, but we still have a long way to go. Their studio has a decent collection of choices.

Cheers.
Hi, we are building in capestone this year, with Clarendon. We've got a 400m2 block. First time building, not sure what to expect
deucecoupe
Hi, we are building in capestone this year, with Clarendon. We've got a 400m2 block. First time building, not sure what to expect

Well stage 9 is open now! I'm building with Clarendon in stage 7. The ss is pretty good and on the ball so the build process should be pretty good. Enjoying the construction part so far.
Thanks bmitchel that is great to hear
So happy to see more Capestoners popping up
Related
18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum