Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New build - bamboo floors installed - noisy

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

about two weeks ago we had a bamboo floors installed in our new build. The problem is that it's noisy when you walk on - like a "crunch" or "creaky" sound.
Is this normal and it will stop or should we worry that it wasn't installed properly?
Thanks in advance!
Was it a glue down job?
I recently had bamboo flooring installed as well. Like you its creaks, and it dosent seem likely that the creaking will go away as it creaks everywhere.
Ive been told that to avoid any creaking, the floor needs to be dead level. I didnt have the extra funds to make the floor dead level. Our floor level was okish not dead level, had low spots fixed with self leveling compound etc but the creaking is throughout the whole install.
Im a bit disappointed I didnt try and get more funds to pay for a secrete nailed hardwood floor instead.
To: Althom

No idea - first time building house we didn't ask the builder. Sure will.

To: BrandonZoe

that's a worry...
Ours was Bamboozle, glued down. There's two spots in the house where there's a bit of a creak. I'm guessing that's where the slab wasn't entirely level.
Related
18/10/2023
Noisy soffits

General Discussion

Hi, I have a double and whenever the wind picks up I can hear alot of banging in certain areas of the house. I've had a look round and can't see any obvious issue but…

3/12/2023
Sliding door to bathroom noisy

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Thanks Chippy . Did also see a YouTube video before. Removed them . Thanks again for the advice.

4/09/2023
Newly Installed Aircon Not Sitting Flush with the Wall

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

The unit normally clips into a metal plate screwed to the wall, either plate is not flush, or unit not hooked in and could be hanging from the pipes partly, either might…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum