Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

House designs for acreage

Page 1 of 1
Hi - I've just gone and bought myself a 1 acre block of land in Bunyip...won't settle for 12 months----so let the planning begin.
Hit me with builders that have designs suitable for acreages - I'm after a house that's long to take up most of the width of the block
I've seen Omeo from Simonds which would work...now after more suggestions
thanks
Hi there, I think we may potentially be neighbours - we also signed up for a 1 acre block in Bunyip late last year 😊. We are going to build a custom design, have you settled on a house design yet?
Hi ljrt (i'm the original poster - just new user name) we may neighbours...we've bought in Rangeview acres. plan we've decided on was SJD Rutherford. Now if only the blocks would settle so I can build!
Us too! So frustrating, was hoping they'd be well under way by now

Have you gotten an updated date for titles? I was told late jan/ feb a few months back

No, we were also told Feb a little while back but with nothing happening up there I can't see that being a reality!

Hmmm agree...nothing done there forva while now

A year since we signed contracts....and nothing..no word from developers and no closer to titles grrr

It's so frustrating isn't it? So glad we didn't rush into selling our current place

I wish we were in the same boat...sold and now renting
We needed to move anyway the new neighbours were giving me anxiety ?

We're completely indecisive now about when to sell! We'd like to sell while the weather's good but also don't want to rent longer than necessary..

Titles are now june!

Yes we have heard the same Kathjax! Fingers crossed...

Construction should start again 21st November..will watch and wait
Frustrating but at least we'll be ready to go when titles are released

Same here, will get my butt into gear with our working drawings once I see something happening on site! Are you all ready to go with SJD?

.I'm not in a hurry (obviously 😊) so been sitting on draft plans for a month now..will get going soon so we can do colours etc early next year

A letter from developers with more delays ...hopefully they get going soon...

its been over a year since my last update - and we're still waiting....
didn't think I was this patient but I've surprised myself
itching for blocks to be finished a titled - in the meantime we've gone and done some colour selection with SJD Homes and will have a contract price soon
kathjax we are also thinking to build with SJD. Can you please share how was your overall experience? Who was your site supervisor and how he handled everything?
Kathjax
its been over a year since my last update - and we're still waiting....
didn't think I was this patient but I've surprised myself
itching for blocks to be finished a titled - in the meantime we've gone and done some colour selection with SJD Homes and will have a contract price soon

kathjax we are also thinking to build with SJD. Can you please share how was your overall experience? Who was your site supervisor and how he handled everything?
Related
1/05/2024
House Designs making use of wide (~ 20m) frontage

Building A New House

Yes, Im following your Lindfield build, looks amazing.

31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

19/07/2023
Shallow lot designs

General Discussion

Would anyone on this forum know of a builder/company in Brisbane with house designs for a shallow block. I have a block 20 x 20 so with front and rear set backs I need a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum