Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with coral homes - Manhattan 23

Page 1 of 86
Hi everyone

I'm just new to this but can't wait to start sharing my house journey and getting idea and feedback. I'm currently building with coral homes and we have chosen the Manhattan 23 design.

This is our first home so everything is very new to us but we are so excited!! We are building in ormeau ridge, gold coast. Our block of land isn't ready until mid January so we have a little bit of time until we start building.

Here is the Manhattan 23 design
:

- 4 bedrooms
- 2 living areas (includes media room)
- outdoor alfresco

We fell in love with the design when we went up to see it at rochedale. We love the big open middle section for entertaining and we love the fact that the master bedroom is tucked away at the back with a separate media room.

We have made a few small changes so far :
- divot put in bathrooms for bottles
- mirrors on all wardrobes
- bedroom 4 we have taken out the study nook to extend that bedroom

Here is our soon to be street we are building on :

(Progress as of 24.10.15)

We will be signing contracts in about 2 weeks with coral so then we can get into our colour selection and electrical appointments. That's when everything will start getting exciting.

TIMELINE

03.10.15 secured land with stocklands & deposit
24.10.15 deposit paid to coral homes

I can't wait to get ideas and share my journey with everyone.

Is anyone else building the Manhattan design homes or building in ormeau ridge?

Yay you found it hehe. Welcome!

My build
viewtopic.php?t=76386
Woohoo another Coraleer!
Congratulations, look forward to following your build!
Hi baby-blonde, We are hopefully building a Manhattan 25 mark 2 in Camira Ipswich Qld. You will be ahead of us as we haven't even got our Tender back yet (November 20th. is our Tender date) It will be good to follow you and see what's ahead!
Oldies
Hi baby-blonde, We are hopefully building a Manhattan 25 mark 2 in Camira Ipswich Qld. You will be ahead of us as we haven't even got our Tender back yet (November 20th. is our Tender date) It will be good to follow you and see what's ahead!

How exciting ! We loved the Manhattan 25 mkII but it was too big of a design for our house unfortunately
so we had to compromise with the 23 which pretty much doesn't include the alcove (which was mt favourite part). We were going to build in ripley! But we wanted to be closer to the coast /family

Hi baby_blonde409.

Congrat on your new build. I am about to chose design for my lot. And I liked the house u chose. We are changing few things....hope to share soon.

I am from Sydney though

good luck
sudu
Hi baby_blonde409.

Congrat on your new build. I am about to chose design for my lot. And I liked the house u chose. We are changing few things....hope to share soon.

I am from Sydney though

good luck

Hi

It's a great design hey! I will be following your thread. Do you have land ready

Hi! If you thought the 25 was too big, what will you think of Hubby's modification, a 7m. by 7m. Pool Room tacked on the side for his full size pool table and entertainment area? We've inserted a hallway between Bed 2 and bathroom to access it. (Skylight in bathroom as no window now) We've also added a bath to the Ensuite by building out to the eaves (like the display home). At least I think we've done these things. Haven't seen Tender prices yet! Ripley is really going ahead now! I look forward to seeing your pics.
Oldies
Hi! If you thought the 25 was too big, what will you think of Hubby's modification, a 7m. by 7m. Pool Room tacked on the side for his full size pool table and entertainment area? We've inserted a hallway between Bed 2 and bathroom to access it. (Skylight in bathroom as no window now) We've also added a bath to the Ensuite by building out to the eaves (like the display home). At least I think we've done these things. Haven't seen Tender prices yet! Ripley is really going ahead now! I look forward to seeing your pics.

I should say too big for our budget not for our liking. We wanted the bigger design haha. But the land to fit it on was too expensive on the coast.

Welcome baby_blonde and Oldies! I'd never seen the Manhattan before - I like it! I LOVE that the master bedroom is separated from the other bedrooms - we built a Daydream and we loved that about the design.
Am I missing anything ?

We will sign contracts with coral homes in about 2 weeks even though our land isn't ready until January but I'm worried I'm missing out on some modifications to the house. Any ideas at all? All we have done is put a divot in the showers I stead of using a caddy as well as made all wardrobe doors mirrored.

All ideas are welcome

baby_blonde409
Am I missing anything ?

We will sign contracts with coral homes in about 2 weeks even though our land isn't ready until January but I'm worried I'm missing out on some modifications to the house. Any ideas at all? All we have done is put a divot in the showers I stead of using a caddy as well as made all wardrobe doors mirrored.

All ideas are welcome

We have also removed the study nook to allow bedroom 4 to be bigger in size. We will use bedroom 2 as the study / office so the nook wasn't needed

When you remove the study nook,is there still room to have a robe for bed 4 and a shallow storage cupboard or book case facing the hall where the nook was?
Or maybe widen the entry from the hallway into the family area?

Or another idea would be to rotate the robe and study nook 90 degrees and have study nook chair in the kitchen? Would need to move the garage door possibly.

I'd also have a think about the panty and laundry configuration. I'd probably rather have a larger laundry, and a different kind of pantry. The panty looks fairly small? There is a lot of empty kitchen wall space along the best 4 wall that could maybe have a shallow pantry?
Maybe a door on the media room to keep noise out or in?
Could you push the ensuite vanity to the corners and have a larger window?
Just some things to think about! None of these ideas might work for you of course!
leni
When you remove the study nook,is there still room to have a robe for bed 4 and a shallow storage cupboard or book case facing the hall where the nook was?

Yes we are keeping the robe there for bedroom 4
leni

Or another idea would be to rotate the robe and study nook 90 degrees and have study nook chair in the kitchen? Would need to move the garage door possibly.

I'd also have a think about the panty and laundry configuration. I'd probably rather have a larger laundry, and a different kind of pantry. The panty looks fairly small? There is a lot of empty kitchen wall space along the best 4 wall that could maybe have a shallow pantry?
Just some things to think about! None of these ideas might work for you of course!

That is a good idea about rotating the study nook to face the kitchen /living area. I'll have to have a think about that
great ideas thank you !!
leni

The door to the media room is a great idea how didn't I think about that. so many ideas to think about thanks !
One change we are making is to have a broom cupboard in the space between the Dining and Bed 1 (backing onto the wall behind the En suite shower) We're shifting the Bed 1 door to be parallel to the Dining wall, if that makes sense. There wasn't a broom cupboard in this design and only one linen cupboard, so none of it could be "nicked"
Oldies
One change we are making is to have a broom cupboard in the space between the Dining and Bed 1 (backing onto the wall behind the En suite shower) We're shifting the Bed 1 door to be parallel to the Dining wall, if that makes sense. There wasn't a broom cupboard in this design and only one linen cupboard, so none of it could be "nicked"

Did that cost you much do you know? I might try and add one in there too
Mellywil
Welcome baby_blonde and Oldies! I'd never seen the Manhattan before - I like it! I LOVE that the master bedroom is separated from the other bedrooms - we built a Daydream and we loved that about the design.

Hi Mellywil, I've been following your build for quite a while and seeing all your highs and lows. It's a bit daunting! But worth it in the end. With hindsight, are there any changes or selections you wish you'd made for your beautiful home?
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum