Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

aussie living homes -suffolk park

Page 1 of 3
hi we are building in suffolk park with aussie living we got a 450 block and so far its been great meet with leon he was very helpful and made us feel like he had the time to help, we are building the revolution with a few changes.

this post is a bit late as we are at lock up now but thought it might be helpful to others to see our journey as these threads have been a help to us.

aug 18th placed deposit
oct 10th signed contract
jan 20th land titled
feb 11th surveys completed
feb 18th pre start
april 17th scheduling starts
may 4th construction starts
may 19th slab down
may 29th bricks delivered
june 17th bricks started
july 3rd roof timbers started
july 23rd gutters installed electrical and plumbing started
sep 2 roof tiles delivered
sep 15th roof finished
sep 24th grey float done
sep 30th windows/ ceilings / first plaster
oct 8th lock up
oct 10th doors/frames/coving first coat of paint
oct 15th gutters painted/ garage floor done

locked out now and thats not nice but i managed to get in today so that made me feel a bit better.

will update with photos soon

steve
I agree about lock up not being nice! But it also means it's not far to the end!

I am going to follow your thread as I am building with Aussie Living as well
yes very true i have been reading through you build
not long now looks great
zerocool 0
yes very true i have been reading through you build
not long now looks great

Thanks! The end is so near!
slab

brick work

roof timbers start

roof and render and windows

glass and sam's gay

lock up

lots of changes again today and the doors were open
Cabinets started first coat of paint and the tiles have been delivered

Hhaha sam's gay, love it!

I can't believe I have only seen you once, I was literally at the house like every day almost since slab down, and every second day before slab!

Good to see it's moving along
we were only going at the weekends so that probably why, started going in the week now as things are move on.
just been past looks like the are doing your paving
Yep paving completed but I'm not happy with how the drive way has been paved. Can only fit 1 car in it because they have gone around where the electrical box is , but by a good meter and a half or so it's insane
That's going to be a really nice house that you have there.
Can I know, if your area is affected by the European House Borer? It means that the roof and ceiling timber must be treated.
I am building in that suburb too and my builder has informed that our area is categorised as a restricted movement zone.
thanks
we were advised to have the treatment if i remember correctly, where abouts are you building ?
some progress today started on the bathrooms and showers fitted the data and tv points little bit disappointed on how these have been done everything else in the garage is cut into the walls these have just been put on top with big conduit I've emailed ALH

Yeah I've noticed that with almost every house, or at least every aussie living house in the area that they just conduit the data cabling in the garage. Mine is the same.
Good to see progress though!
seems strange they know the cables are going there why not cut it in i would have paid if they asked on a plus conduit looks big so i will be able to use it for my data cables that i forgot to get a conduit fitted for
lots of movment this week tiling in the wet rooms is all but done sinks in and the stone bench tops, we also have downpipes

Related
25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

15/11/2023
Kitchen living Dining

General Discussion

Can anyone suggest a house layout where the kitchen-dining - living runs the length across the rear of the house left to right where our best view will be we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum