Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Question about bathroom vanity bench height

Page 1 of 1
We just installed bathroom cabinets in our project and they have told us the finished height of the vanity is 880mm - and by finished height they mean the top of the vanity basin, which in this case a glass vessel bowl was chosen which sits on top of the counter, honestly I think it looks really weird! That means the benchtop height is 720mm, it feels like I'm a giant in the house!

Is this the right thing or should I take it further?
They are often low when you have the bias vessel sitting on top. If the vanity was 900mm and then your vessel on top you'd bang your forearms every time you tried to contort your arms under the spout or mixed outlet. 720mm does sound quite slow though, but if you'd already signed off drawings etc you might not have much recourse.

I questioned vanity heights with my builder too, because I found my sisters bathroom vanity was quite low, and they said it was to do with the tiles? By that stage at pre-start I couldn't even be bothered arguing, or paying the extra to raise it!
Does anyone have a photo of their bathroom with vessel basins? Maybe it just looks weird because I'm used to the inset kind
Related
7/03/2024
Discover Elegance with Hera Bathware's Bathroom Vanity Colle

Bathrooms and Laundry

Transform your bathroom into a sanctuary of calm and sophistication with Hera Bathware's Bathroom Vanity Collection. A standout…

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

31/01/2024
Bench top chipped

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

These can be easily filled and repaired and it doesn't cost them much to do. Id get the builder to do this first and if the repair is not suitable then a replacement is…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum