Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Inspector reccomending total brick rework - JGKing PCI Stage

Page 1 of 1
Morning all,

Have been building a 42square build with JGKing since November14, and had our independent inspector though for PCI this week. He gave us a daming report, with the largest issue being that all brickwork be demolished and replaced.

This is due to bed joints being well over tollerances (20-25mm, standard 7-13mm) around the entire home along with perpendicular joins being out of tollerance as well. Different colour mortar has been used around the entire home and no Articulation joins have been installed next to windows as required.

As a FIFO worker during most of the build I was unfortunatley unable to keep as close of an eye as I should have. There are other major issues such as full plaster rework and and unneeded stormwater pipe installation (which cost $16000 in rock exervation). The build has been a disgrace from day one.

JGKING have said they need time to decide their next move and hopefully meet with them this week.

Question is, who knows of a simular scenario and the result? The bricks will be coming down, but hopefully without going to VCAT or further. Advice or stories?
Related
9/02/2024
My Building inspector v My builder's inspector

General Discussion

I would send it to the certifier who is technically your representative and working on your behalf not the builder's

18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum