Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Opinions on roof needed please

Page 1 of 1
It's crunch time and we need to decide if we are going to stay with night sky ( black ) or monument below I've tried to show what each one would look like

This one is night sky and below is one similar to monument ( more grey so you get the idea )

And out mortar will be white

Everyone's opinions would be greatly appreciated
Unless you're in a very cold climate, generally the heat gain from a roof costs you more in summer than it benefits in winter, so in that case Monument with a solar absorptance of 73% wins out over Night Sky at 96%.
Purely on looks I would say Monument!
Thanks guys more for looks then anything else
Like the monument too. Not a big fan of night sky
If you went night sky, I think you'd have to consider black window frames.
On looks only with that colour brick I'd go the lighter, monument roof. But if you go the darker roof than I agree with one John to match the window frames.
I should mention our window frames, fascia and garage are all monument and Gutters are night sky - I think if we change to monument we will have gutters as monument and fascia as night sky
oneJohn
Unless you're in a very cold climate, generally the heat gain from a roof costs you more in summer than it benefits in winter, so in that case Monument with a solar absorptance of 73% wins out over Night Sky at 96%.

Yes.. Reason why we went for surfmist. I'd go monument for the same reason if it's between those two.

Related
20/01/2024
Roof Load Width Needed

Renovation + Home Improvement

Any structural alteration to your home requires building permit. Before you get it you will have to supply plans with structural assessment, you will also be removing…

2/01/2024
Please advice, are roof flashings required at the end of the

General Discussion

Minimum overhang into gutter must be 50mm, turn down tool should not split the sheet. it seems wrong tool for the profile was used, the flashing cannot slope back. Rib…

14/03/2024
PCA needed for EBH or Tyrell is good enough

Building A New House

Most of the time, council will push you out to a private certifier as it ties up their limited resources. Where a builder has gone belly up, the certifier passes the file…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum