Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bellavia Build - Clarendon Madison NSW - Moved in

Page 1 of 48
I've been itching to start my own thread but have been waiting to get final plans etc before I did. Even though they are STILL not complete I can't wait any longer

We have a 935m2 battleaxe block we purchased about 4 months ago in Newcastle. Currently we are waiting for final plans/changes to be drawn up and then we should be right to go to council.

We went with the Madison 35 by Clarendon which we then modified to suit our needs. A few things we changed was to remove the 5th bedroom upstairs which gave us bigger bedrooms and main bathroom. Downstairs we took out the study, making a bigger laundry and WIP. We also moved a couple of walls around a little to give us a bigger family area and make the lounge at the front of the house slightly smaller as it will be my office.

The laundry we will be fitting out ourselves after handover once we see what sort of storage is going to work best.

The kitchen will change from what is on this plan. The fridge space is actually in the WIP so the oven will be centered on the back wall with overheads right across. There is also benchtop/cupboards in the WIP.

I've started adding some of our selections to my blog (link in signature) and will be updating that with all the kitchen/bathroom colours hopefully this week!

KLB
I've been itching to start my own thread but have been waiting to get final plans etc before I did. Even though they are STILL not complete I can't wait any longer

We have a 935m2 battleaxe block we purchased about 4 months ago in Newcastle. Currently we are waiting for final plans/changes to be drawn up and then we should be right to go to council.

We went with the Madison 35 by Clarendon which we then modified to suit our needs. A few things we changed was to remove the 5th bedroom upstairs which gave us bigger bedrooms and main bathroom. Downstairs we took out the study, making a bigger laundry and WIP. We also moved a couple of walls around a little to give us a bigger family area and make the lounge at the front of the house slightly smaller as it will be my office.

The laundry we will be fitting out ourselves after handover once we see what sort of storage is going to work best.

The kitchen will change from what is on this plan. The fridge space is actually in the WIP so the oven will be centered on the back wall with overheads right across. There is also benchtop/cupboards in the WIP.

I've started adding some of our selections to my blog (link in signature) and will be updating that with all the kitchen/bathroom colours hopefully this week!

I like your store room upstairs, that's a good idea. Madison is a pretty versatile plan isn't it
So many of us have changed it in different ways to achieve pretty similar things.
The store room is a great idea. You can never have too much storage! It was a good idea going to 4 bedrooms upstairs, I'm still not sure what we will do with our 5th.

We learnt our lesson last time we built and made sure we had oodles of storage this time! Having big bedrooms for our girls also means everything can go in their rooms. No toy room or stuff out in the open (well that's the plan!).

I've just updated the blog with our tile selections
https://bellaviabuild.wordpress.com/selections/tiles/
I found my perfect pendants for over the kitchen island today!

Still up in the air with what to hang above the staircase though.
Love that look
I'm putting a junction box above the stairs for a possible future pendant. In the meantime I've put a skylight in and wall and step lights

Oooo nice leeleh! We put in the step lights and the junction box. It's not a huge space over the stairs so i think I will need to wait and see how it looks for size before I get any lights for there. Doesn't stop me looking though
KLB

nice pendant!where is it from?
leeleh
Love that look
I'm putting a junction box above the stairs for a possible future pendant. In the meantime I've put a skylight in and wall and step lights

how much was it to put in skylight?thanks
cruise007
KLB

nice pendant!where is it from?

It's from Beacon http://www.beaconlighting.com.au/sculpt-1-light-drop-pendant-in-ash-concrete.html
Love your design' so much space and your back yard is awesome too. I love how all the rooms have WIRs. Following
Wow great size block and love your plan, following!
Big bedrooms is a great idea. Lovely pendant. I'm thinking something similar but as bedside pendants in the master bedroom.
Following your build. I'm also in Lake Mac

Our build: http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=70584
KLB

Hi KLB. I love seeing your plans. We have made the family room the same size as yours (made that front room smaller), but have had to put a column in opposite the stairs as they said it was too big a span to just have ceiling. Are these your final plans? If so Clarendon are going to get some hell from me!!@

Building a Modified Madison 37.
Yep that part shouldn't change, just the kitchen/bathroom. We did have to pay extra for the structural beam (only a few hundred from memory). I'm not sure how much the size differs in that area from the 35 to the 37.

Huge block, nice floor plan. well done KLB
Thanks Cameron32

So.. still waiting. Kitchen company is taking forever just to finalise a correct quote. That is in then turn holding up finalising the electrical and final plans. I can't wait for the admin part to be over!
Finally got to sign off the kitchen quote this morning. According to our CSC plans should be lodged with council sometime this week.
KLB

I see what you did there.
Related
9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum