Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Lennox (Celebration Homes) in Wellard Glen

Page 1 of 2
Hi guys!

Has anyone else bought land in Wellard Glen? It's fairly new.

We are planning to build the Lennox and hope that our expensive tastes don't get the better of us!!!

In the next few days we are hoping to sign on the dotted line for the land and officially give the builder the go ahead to start drafting plans! This is our second build, (the first was with Blueprint in 2007) and are soooooo excited about it!

Hi Sparkysgirl,

We've lived in the Village for years and are building there again. Can't believe how many new Wellard Estates are popping up! I've seen the signs for Wellard Glen but must admit I don't even know where it is!
Is it further down Mortimer Road past Sunrise?
Hey,
Yes it is on the other side of the freeway - you go along Millar Road.
We have almost secured a 680m block - theres stacks of blocks available there.
We didn't want to be building so close to Kwinana... but it seems to be a bit more remote since it is on the other side of the freeway.
http://www.wellardglen.com.au/images/me ... n-2014.pdf this is the outline.
That's a good sized block you've got there! Nice that they've done a few that size and rectangular so actually functional too! I've just looked at Google maps and get where you are now.
I wouldn't worry about being close to Kwinana. We use Wellard for the shops if we want bigW or something we usually go up to Cockburn. You can go on the train too, it's easy to walk to Cockburn shops via the underpass, also means you can have dinner and few drinks and not have to worry about getting home again. (well we can walk to Wellard station too).

Good choice with Cellies and the Lennox, it's a home we considered but in the end chose a Dale Alcock home (same company).
Post to follow.

We are building at the village.
May i know what's wrong with kwinana?
Well, I guess it is like any other suburb really... but I don't like the crime rate there. We live in Armadale and are moving to get away from ongoing crime etc. From what I've known, Kwinana (some parts) are much the same as that.
Wellard2ndTimers
That's a good sized block you've got there! Nice that they've done a few that size and rectangular so actually functional too! I've just looked at Google maps and get where you are now.
I wouldn't worry about being close to Kwinana. We use Wellard for the shops if we want bigW or something we usually go up to Cockburn. You can go on the train too, it's easy to walk to Cockburn shops via the underpass, also means you can have dinner and few drinks and not have to worry about getting home again. (well we can walk to Wellard station too).

Good choice with Cellies and the Lennox, it's a home we considered but in the end chose a Dale Alcock home (same company).

Yes we are so far pretty happy with Celebrations... mind you we haven't signed any contracts yet!
But our sales rep is awesome so far.

We have actually switched our build to th Brando... which is almost the same as the Lennox with only subtle differences. But it suits us a bit better
Ah OK. I am new to wellard and the area. I did hear something bad about kwinana but didn't know it is that bad. Good to know.
Yeah but wellard i have heard is ok... so we will see

The brando is a really lovely design, I remember looking at that design when we were deciding on a builder. Look forward to following. We have about 4 or 5 celebration homes on our street in construction, very popular builder
Oh that's so cool... you know, if we weren't building with Celebrations.... we were going to build the Stoneleigh with Dale's haha!

This is our Lennox modified design... It has everything we wanted!!
Love the plan sparky! We loved the Lennox, but our land wasn't big enough for that..

Mind me asking.. Your hallway is massive? Do you not want a bigger door?

Hi Sparkysgirl, congrats on signing with Celebrations! House looks great and I love the changes that you've made. I like the nook that you've made opposite the games room and the double door entry on your gamesroom too. Hope you're enjoying your building journey so far and good luck with your Prestart.

Our build - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74793
Looks great!

I love the way you've recessed the wardrobes in the minor bedrooms to maximise the room space.
Looks very spacious, fantastic!
Love your floor plan, great use of space!
Nice plan! Looking forward to see the selections.
It's been aaaaages since we updated but here we are! Bricking is almost completed and the roof timbers are ready to go! We are hopeful that the brickies will finish the plinth at the front so that the roof ca be put on this week.
Heres a few pics.

Kitchen

Looking towards Garage (left) and hallway to bed 1, theatre and Front door.

Only issues we have had so far with the bricking is that they put in 3 door frames the wrong way around so the doors open the wrong way. 2 have been rectified and just waiting to see if they last one is fixed.
All in all, pretty happy with the progress so far!

This is the design we are loosely following
it is the Dale Alcock 'St Ali' elevation
Love your plan - we're building the Lennox too!
Looking forward to following your thread
Looking great! Bet you are looking forward to seeing that roof go on!
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum