Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Exterior weatherboard paint! Endless dusk or steeple grey??

Page 1 of 1
Hi I have built a queenslander stump home and currently have the painter here working on the inside. He has done some of the outside doors and I am panicking now cos the exterior colour I had chosen now looks so dark!!

I have chose taubmans steeple grey and the roof is surfmist and so will the ballastrade. The door frames a designer white.

I am thinking I should of gone with dulux endless dusk but I was worried it would be too light and get lost in the white!

Has anyone used either of these colours? So confused!!!

If I can work out how to attach a photo I can show you the 2 samples with the door
Hi, I haven't seen the true colours you've picked (just looked on screen) but hope this helps you pick. Usually with north facing houses, it's best to pick a slightly darker shade than the one you like, since paint colours "bleach" or look lighter in bright sunlight. So adjust the shade to the aspect you have. But being a queenslander style, if you have verandahs all around, most of the time your house walls will be shadowed, so the lighter one might be best. (I hope this helps you decide, as I have seen different houses labelled as queenslanders- not all have the full wrap around verandahs.)
Related
27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum