Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Hudson Homes

Page 1 of 18
Hello Everyone,

Is anyone out there building with Hudson Homes. I would really like to know.
Hi there,
yes I'm currently in the process of building with hudson homes on the central coast nsw.
We have settled on land just waiting on construction.
ohh Thats good congratulations. How is the service ?
Me and my partner have a tender with them and about to sign a contract.

Any more feedback?
Yes, Been in talks with then since January. First started going downhill when our consultant was sacked mid way through, turns our what he said we could do wasn't possible. Has been one hell of a ride for us.

A couple of their staff are incredible (especially Alice in Colour selections) but it is so painful dealing with them at times, Seems like nothing gets done quickly. We are hopeful this week the final plans will come back and be signed off, were sent to us 3 weeks ago and were all wrong..

Good luck with it.
That is actually kind of spookily the same as our experience.

I didn't really want to build, but after meeting the most AMAZING consultant she had me feeling so comfortable. When we went to pay for our land testing & inspection she let us know that she had been head hunted and was offered double by another company and was leaving the next day.

Have had a few hiccups with the consultant since, but since meeting her in person we are feeling much better! Plus head office have gone above and beyond to get us a signed contract before FHOG drops to $10000.

Would be nice if someone had photos of their build with them
Don't get me wrong, I have no regrets building with them, friends of ours have built with other builders and experienced lots of issues too.

Can't help with pics sorry.. Colour selections is fun, make sure you have a few extra dollars ($10000) though..
No, I think we will be happy with them. Every build is going to have problems, but at least their pricing is fixed.

We get a $5000 voucher to spend on upgrades at colour and have the H2 inclusions. Hopefully we won't have to spend too much more. Buying all the down lights ourselves and having an electrician I work with install so we hopefully won't need to spend on electrical.

Where are you building?
Building the Sienna 27 in Gillieston Heights, It is now the size of a 29 and there has been a lot of changes to the plans.

We have H2 as well, still lots to upgrade when you look at vanities don't have drawers, under mount kitchen sink, high gloss cupboards, carpet, tiles. We bought 65 downlights and 2 ceiling fans to fit after as well. Still haven't done electrical yet though. We also upgraded the facade.. all worth it though!

How did you get a $5k voucher for colours?
We're just up the road at Cliftleigh Meadows!

We're building the Azure 19, really small and simple, but plans changed slightly to meet the estate requirements.

We expect to upgrade the flooring - this is a must for us. Hopefully we don't have to spend too much out of our pocket though. We also upgraded the façade to the Majestic.

It's a promo they are doing at the moment for anyone who orders a tender. Our consultant made sure we could have it even though we had already ordered a tender.
Mmm.. I might have to have discussions with them about that $5k.

We currently rent in Cliftleigh, hate it! Hopefully the meadows don't get filled up with similar clientele.. Pretty slow going in the meadows at the moment, only one house being built and lots of blocks unsold. It was a good place to play with the dog before they opened it up.

We deleted the carpet as it was rubbish, we spent an extra $10k on tiles and carpet.. we weren't expecting to do so.

Very exciting, just tried to find your facade on their website but couldnt see it.
See what they can do. If you haven't finalised it all they might be able to do something for you.

Oh no
we really like our block - and it is in its first stages, but location is perfect for us. Close to the expressway (partner works in Newcastle) but not in Gillieston (not a fan of the flooding). Avery's rise looked alright but it hasn't been registered and I am really curious and worried about how they're going to make traffic flow work into that estate.

We've had a drive around the estate at the back of Heddon Greta - the people there are a bit... rough looking, but all well kept. Hopefully we are lucky with neighbours, nearly all blocks surrounding us have been sold.

Yeah standard carpet isn't very nice, remember underlay really comes into play with the overall product when laid. We knew out of everything - flooring was something we don't want to compromise on and will spend for quality.

It's under the H1 designs.

The Sienna floor plan looks good! Love the master layout. What façade did you pick?
The streets you looked around behind Heddon greta are actually cliftleigh meadows, once they open the gates and finish it all off it is all one estate.. But yes, hopefully they stay away from your area because they are very rough!

We have the Elite facede in H2.

We are getting carpet from Carpet court, with 13mm underlay so nice and soft.

We love the layout too.. we moved it around a fair bit and changed walls etc but we love it.. can't wait for construction to finally start though!

We looked at Averys too, but when we looked they still didn't have finance to even finish it, needed to sell 50% of the land to get the finance so we thought it was too risky. The flooding doesn't worry us, it will be a week off work
Yippee!
I thought that might be the case -_- Hopefully they stay out lol. I could imagine a lot of them would be mining families close to the expressway. At least they are all nice, neat and well kept.

The elite looks lovely! We looked at the H2 but was a little out of budget. We're doing monochrome black, white and grey interior so felt the majestic was perfect, and not too expensive.

We might have to go have a look
We won't get colour selections until the new year.

Hopefully the build starts soon
They said they would be able to have us in at the end of May 2016, have they given you any dates yet?

I didn't know that about Avery's - thank god we didn't look into there. The entrance is going to be near/behind the drive-in cinema. So hopefully they upgrade the roads - I would be angry if I had to wait 15-20mins to get into an estate due to back-logged traffic.

The council has a fair bit of pressure to upgrade the flood-zones of the road. So hopefully they do that in 2016 or early 2017. At least we will have water views when it does flood
Yeah not sure what houses you looked at but if you drive past the few nice ones on Radford ST you will see most don't even have a job!

Very nice colour scheme.. I think that is pretty popular at the moment.

No idea on time frame, land settled 4 weeks ago, should sign off final plans today or tomorrow and then they will go straight to council so i hope dirt has been turned by mid January and then the usual build time from there.

They are doing the Avery's roads now, once all down there is also another entry/exit for averys which goes over the expressway so that will be a good area.

Fingers crossed they do fix the flooding areas! Where abouts in the meadows is your block?
Uh oh
we've gone up Radford St and there is a few bogans, but most seem ok. How can they afford a brand new house with no job??? Ex miners?

We're lot 205, so right in the middle of the new development - just a few lots up from the house going up.
No no.. Radford street are ok.. its the very end of radford and in that area where the road links to where you are where they are very ordinary!

Oh cool.. Will have to have a look when i go walking in there next.
Hopefully they stay on there side.

It's good to know someone else is building with them though. Hard to find people who are
They're fairly new to the market as a project builder, they have a massive portfolio in investments.
A few are starting to pop up.

It was either them or MOJO for us. They were a bit better for pricing.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum