Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

CSR / Bradford ‘standard builders wrap’?

Page 1 of 1
Would anyone be able to tell me what *that* might be in terms of a product?

My builder is including it as "standard" but is seems unable to advise the actual product name.
The "standard" wrap is builder-branded so it does not have obvious name on it.
We are in Melbourne and want to upgrade the wrap to the Enviroseal™ (ProctorWrap) RW but as the quote is expensive we would like to be able to compare to the "standard" to understand what we are upgrading from.

Any help appreciated.
I'd go see your builder again and ask him to nominate the specs for the wrap. Tell him you don't want glorified newspaper stuck to your walls and need it if you are after a certain R rating for your walls necessary to achieve a 6 star rating etc.

Stewie
I tried twice. Third time lucky perhaps...

We are after permeability not R. Our wall insulation is maxed already so moisture management (to allow escape outside through wrap) is important to us. Seems the CSR base product Thermoseal Wall Wrap provides no permeability so all moisture stays inside.
From your opening statement I thought you said the builder wouldn't tell you what the wrap was ???

Stewie
Stewie D
From your opening statement I thought you said the builder wouldn't tell you what the wrap was ???

Stewie

Correct. Termoseal is one of possibilities. There seems to be "entry"=termoseal or "premium"=proctor. But I am guessing... there might be some other bulk options available to builders... so its a puzzle without proper info.
Hi Rudy, hope this helps.

To help you identify which product a builder is using on your home, all Bradford branded wall wraps (including those branded for builders) include the brand name of the product. Vapour permeable products are branded Enviroseal ProctorWrap and vapour barrier products (including wall breather for selected applications) are branded Thermoseal.

Due to some brand usage changes over the years, there may be some older vapour barrier products branded only Enviroseal (without ProctorWrap) which are equivalent to Thermoseal, but these are rare in the market.

If you need further help, we suggest calling our national customer centre on 1300 760 233.

Many thanks,
Hi My builder thinks that wall wraps are 'rubbish', and not comfortable in installing them, 1. He thinks that he cannot clean the bricks on the other side, 2. How can the inspector inspect the flushing? 3. We don't need it in Sydney.
I've seen heaps of builders in Sydney build using wall wrap, I want to know why some do and don't, and how do builders check the bricks or clean the other surface? Please help!!!!

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/11/2023
House wall wrap

General Discussion

Vapour permeable wraps are recommended for any climate and main think it is allow walls to breath (i.e. remove water vapour) while at the same time, providing protection…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum