Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

how much does a panel lift cost?

Page 1 of 1
can anyone tell me the price of a 11' panel lift in Australia? Is this tool widely used in home remodelling? Thanks
I would like to know the same thing. I am yet to investgate this
Jo
$35 per half day and $5 per full day.

http://www.mullumhire.com.au/MullumHire-Tools.pdf

Re the post below by Zonk.

It's one of these.

thanks yakchat...laymans terms please
Jo
C above
Yak_Chat
$35 per half day and $5 per full day.

Steve, typo? Is that supposed to be $50 per full day?

Ash.
sorry, I am confused, I just wanted to know the average cost of a panel lift garage door for my budget
double garage door panel lift at the front (remote control) and single roller door (manual ) to the rear
I have allowed 2k...how does that sound?
am I way off?
I am yet to get quotes and just guestimating
we will achieve lock up with our current finance, but I have to cost out the rest of the project for further finance
I am allowing
10 k for heat/cooling (ducted gas with add on refridge cooling)
10 k for plaster render (quoted by BIL)
5k will be owed to plumbers for fix
8k for carpet/tiles
tiles installed by family 4 k
painting by family 5k
concreting garage slab,pool, etc 3 k
laundry ,vanities, kitchen ...all flat packed by nephew 15k
I am just trying to hone the budget,
cheers, Jo
O/B in rowville
Quote:
Steve, typo? Is that supposed to be $50 per full day?

Finger trouble

Or just a damn good discount

$45 per day - read the link

Zonk Said.
Quote:
sorry, I am confused, I just wanted to know the average cost of a panel lift garage door for my budget
double garage door panel lift at the front (remote control) and single roller door (manual ) to the rear
am I way off?

Thought that may have been what you wanted - but I thought - hey waht the heck - see if this is what he wants

As for what you really want zonk - I have NFI
I got some garage quotes last year. A single rollerdoor will set you back about $650 by itself. Panel doors are slightly more expensive. Then you'll need it fitted etc. And if you want it motorised that's about another $500.

You want two doors supplied and fitted for $2000 ? Dpends how much work needs to be done, but your budget sounds pretty tight to me.
zonk
:shock: sorry, I am confused, I just wanted to know the average cost of a panel lift garage door for my budget
am I way off?
I am yet to get quotes and just guestimating
we will achieve lock up with our current finance, but I have to cost out the rest of the project for further finance
I am allowing

You can always do without the remotes for a bit of time - and save up for it.

zonk
10 k for heat/cooling (ducted gas with add on refridge cooling)

Just replaced my central heating unit for a Braemar $4.2k, 5 star, and a zone valve. But the ducting was already in....basically a swapover. Add about $5k+ for air con the budgies a bit tight.

zonk
10 k for plaster render (quoted by BIL)
5k will be owed to plumbers for fix
8k for carpet/tiles
tiles installed by family 4 k

No idea

zonk
painting by family 5k

If DIY should be cheaper....although how bigs the house?

zonk
concreting garage slab,pool, etc 3 k

I think this is unrealistic, I'm allowing about $4k for 15 x 3, exposed agg when you say pool I hope you mean around pool.

zonk
laundry ,vanities, kitchen ...all flat packed by nephew 15k

With or without appliances?
yak chat thanks anyway that link kept freezing on me, and I am a she (Jo)

cabinfever
$650 for single roller
$500 for motorization
"?" for double panel glide
"?" for labour
so maybe up my guestimate to 2.5
thanks for that

tdl thanks for detailed "working over off my estimates"

I already have 3 quotes for ducted heating cooling
10 k is the cheapest quote

just thinking again now about cost projections
re tiles, carpet..I am going mid range on carpet with a good quality underlay
approx 100 square metres at $50 per square metre (i hope)being 20 per sm for underlay and 30 per sm for carpet...not sure about this yet
thats 5k (getting multiple quotes this monday)plus labour

you have made me rethink tiling now
156 sm at approx 25 per sm will be 3.9 k
so I will allow 10k for flooring

house size under roof line on slab including front entry,double garage, outdoor room is 358 sm
residence 246 sm, garage 45sm, porch, entry 7.5 sm outdoor room 60 sm
so I am only looking for paint/flooring for 246 sm, we will take care of the rest when we move in

we are looking to DIY paint with help from a long term friend retired painter
my DH is saying we can do it ourselves, he knows what equipment we need and how to do it,

re concreting, I meant the garage slab, slab under water tanks, and concreting around pool...geez I forgot about the driveway add on (?) maybe 4k
re kitchen,laundry,bathrooms,
I have already bought these appliances...sitting in my formal lounge at the rental
bosch ss dishwasher, F & P gas 900 mm cooktop, franke sink,900 mm butterfly canopy rangehood
still to buy gas westinghouse wall oven with seperate grill approx 1200 from the good guys
hws ...maybe 1200.00 yet to check on this
infinity something looks good?
(we already have a concrete pool in place...had to do it first due to access issues as it is in our courtyard)
all other landscaping, painting paving etc DH and I will do after we move in as we love to work outside on the weekends.
my job t/row..site clean..roof tilers are messy
I will post pics soon as we now have a roof!
yay!
Jo
O/B rowville vic
Related
4/03/2024
Does fibre glass pool add to the site cost

General Discussion

Approvals are covered in the cost we are paying to the pool company. The only thing stated in our home build contract for the additional cost is engineering support. …

3/12/2023
How much damage to a house before insurance decide to settle

General Discussion

I thought this would be a popular question but I haven't been able to find any similar posts. Perhaps I'm wording my searches wrong? When you have car insurance and the…

29/01/2024
Do floor to ceiling tiles ad much resale value

Building A New House

They make the room much easier to clean for one, reflect more light (if light colour tiles are used), and you dont end up with dust on the top edge of tiles (cause most…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum