Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Another Daydream 30 Coral Homes Build :-)

Page 1 of 52
Well this is my first post but as always I've been viewing this form for quite a while haha

It has been an invaluable source of information and yet also a source of stress as I read about other people's hiccups in their builds lol

So I thought it was time for me to share our build as we finally got our site start date - 31ST MARCH!!!

I am going to try include as much information from our journey as I possibly can. I've been taking notes for a while so there should be plenty for you to read.

So please bare with me:

13/10/14 - deposit paid to Coral Homes (yes before our land had even settled, we also had a soil test done before it settled as well as we had to clear the block and didn't want to spend that money if the soil was going to be unsuitable to build on in budget)
3/11/14 - Land Settled
16/01/15 contract signed and $5000 deposit paid to go ahead with sending off for approvals
27/01/15 - Clipsal and Beaumont Tiles Appointment
28/01/15 - Coral Homes Final Selections Appointment
04/03/15 - Certifier approved plans back and sent to bank for ACC
10/03/15 - ACC RECEIVED
13/03/15 - SITE START GIVEN - 31ST MARCH 2015

House details:
Edge beam and slab
Natural medium dense sand
300mm embedment depth
Pad footings for posts and point loads 900mm minimum depth, natural medium dense sand 300mm embedment depth
Class p with site characteristics of class m
Wind classification N2

Our house plan:

Elevations:

Site location:

Bought a 4747 block of beautiful land and are building our dream home
Our block of land:

It cost us 18k to get approx 2000 of it to this:

I refer to the rest of it as my little jungle haha

Here is some pricing info:

Tile variation upgrades -$206
3 pot drawers each side of oven - $600
Electrical upgrades - $1506
Change WIR and ensuite configuration to Hollywood wardrobe(as seen as the display home at Springfield lakes, this does not include the tower of draws) - $1908
Air con slab - $140
Monolithic raft style slab for m/p site classification - $6075
Cut/fill - $1012
Single phase power - $3419
HSTP - $8956
Water connection - $1596
Building approval and water application fees - $1182

Acoustic report cost - $1600 (definitely arrange this yourself if you need one done as Coral wanted to charge $3000 for it) we went through Acoustic Works at Caboolture I think it was) and subsequent noise affected area adjustments - $3096

Changed to 2x 21-09 windows in media room - $220
Colour bond roof - $3815
Cavity sliding door in media room - $212
Increase width of store cupboard at entry credit -$25
Increase width of fridge space by 180mm credit -$156
Delete tecknika dishwasher credit -$484
Delete ometechnika upright cooker credit -$1342
Flyscreens - $1380 (we aren't worried about crimsafe etc as we have two Rottweilers who im sure will keep our house perfectly safe hehe)
Air con through coral $14500 - deleted and sourced ourselves for $11380.

Our tile selections:

Floor tile throughout the whole house including bathrooms:

Living on a bit of acreage we didn't want gloss tiles as they show all marks from dirty sweaty feet and we didn't want white or light tiles as my husband is a removalist and he hates them. The original file we picked was a gloss tile so we were gutted but then we found this tile and loved it.

Bathroom feature tile along vanity wall and around bath hob:

We also upgraded to charred ash grout for inbetween these tiles.

Kitchen tile splash back, laid vertically:

And our skirting tiles:

To go with our wall colour:

I should also say that we are building in Burpengary in Qld

Now down to our choices hehe

Ensuite shower:

Front door (having this stained redwood)

Internal doors:

Carpet choice keynote range (I think we are the only people on here who haven't upgraded the carpet lol we did however upgrade the underlay. But with 3 kids and 2 dogs, not to mention the extra animals I am getting we didn't want to spend a fortune on nice carpet only to have it destroyed. We will upgrade when the kids move out haha)

Following! Congrats on the start date
Internal door handles:

Front door handle:

Brick choice:

Colour bond roof as well as windows gutters etc- woodland grey:

Kitchen tap:

Drawer handles (smaller size for bathrooms):

Thank you @manderinne!

Kitchen cabinet and bench tops:
Osprey ceaserstone
Charcoal laminex (hubby wanted gloss but charcoal only comes in diamond gloss and that was an extra $2600, and seeing as I'm the one who has to clean it I wasn't too keen haha)

I guess you could say my style is contemporary coastal but then again more likely eclectic haha
Bathroom cabinet and bench choice:

Now I love this colour, I would've had it in the kitchen if it wasn't frowned upon. Lol. And I guess this is where you see my contemporary coastal ideas come in. Even though I plan on this being my forever house I still made the choice to put it in the bathrooms instead, going for a kind of spa feeling.

Night sky ceaserstone
Deep sea laminex

I should also state that we upgraded to the elegance package and went with the organic kitchen/bathroom option

And now my favourite part of my build so far haha

I'm still getting quotes for this but so far it is coming in around $4000. My friends dad is a cabinet maker however so he is going to have a look and see if he can do it cheaper

If you haven't guessed yes I love shoes
my one stipulation when we decided to build was i get the kitchen and wardrobe and hubby can do whatever he likes with the rest of the place haha

Oh we are also supplying our own dishwasher and freestanding oven - both SMEG. Well at this stage both SMEG but we may very well change our minds haha

Welcome! Love your selections and look forward to following your build
daydream_build
Welcome! Love your selections and look forward to following your build

Thank you!

Following!

Following. Look forward to seeing your progress. I love your colour selection, and have actually chosen the same kitchen tile splash back as you and wall colour!

We are building the Marcoola 30 near Elimbah/Caboolture, just waiting for our start date.
K_Muller1
Following. Look forward to seeing your progress. I love your colour selection, and have actually chosen the same kitchen tile splash back as you and wall colour!

We are building the Marcoola 30 near Elimbah/Caboolture, just waiting for our start date.

Oh wow love it! The Marcoola was one of the designs we liked too. But price wise we had to go for the Daydream.

Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum