Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Home Build

Page 1 of 38
Hi everyone,

Just looking to document our experience in the one place

Looking forward to following your build, we are thinking of building with HH as well
Kitchen colours

Bathrooms

Elevation colours/stone work

Internal walls "limed white"

You certainly have made a heap of changes, looks great
These are the floor tiles that we are tossing up between... 750x750 grey tiles or wood look ....... Thoughts ?

I liked the wood look but had some advice from one tile shop that some of them can be porus to some extant so succeptible to staining. You would have to clarify with the tile shop as he was only talking about the ones he stocked. Other than that I really like the wood look tiles.
Yea that's what I'm leaning towards, I think the lighter grey wood look ones -thanks for the tip we'll be sure to query that!

All looks lovely! I love your plan. We had Highbury Homes on our short list of builders but decided against them.

Our bathroom tiles are the same as your Kaliedo Bianco. You can see them in our finished bathrooms on my thread. I love your feature tile, really gorgeous!
I haven't been able to find any other highbury/mygen homes reviews or timelines on here, have you?

Oh awesome thanks Burnsfirsttime - how do I find your thread?

Here is the link..
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=68002

The link is also in my signature if you need it again.
How great to see pics of the tiles installed!!

We were at the new tiles expo "tile boutique" showroom on monday and they had those wood look tiles on special. May pay to give them a call to query the price if you yours are from a different shop. Their new showroom is really good too. Osbourne park that is.
Waiting waiting
soooo looking forward to seeing the slab down!

Loving these!!

Very nice! Love " timber look" tiles

Was a bit worried that they would clash with the wood grain kitchen laminex cupboards but I think if we choose a much lighter colour grey wood look floor it will contrast nicely

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum