Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Site cost 'The Park" Helena Valley

Page 1 of 1
Is anyone building in "The Park" Helena Valley stage 3? Im just wanting to know if anyone has received there site work costs back and what it has come back as? Ive just received my site cost total and i think its a bit high compared to what the other stages have had to pay.
Hi Robacher, we are in stage one, and have completed our build. Our site costs were aprox $16500.00. We are in Goldsbrough Entrance. Further along our street site costs have risen to around $30000.00 in some cases due to reactive clay. I can message you our soil classification and engineers report if you think it might help.
Hi kellydoug, thanks for the reply. I was quoted around the $23,000 mark due to stage 1 & 2 site costs but been told stage 3 has worse soil with more clay. My block is classed S and requires a C7 slab. So it has risen to $43,000. Wouldn't mind seeing the soil report. ☺️
robarcher_83
Hi kellydoug, thanks for the reply. I was quoted around the $23,000 mark due to stage 1 & 2 site costs but been told stage 3 has worse soil with more clay. My block is classed S and requires a C7 slab. So it has risen to $43,000. Wouldn't mind seeing the soil report. ☺️

If your block is classed S then it should be low cost, S is the second lowest classification standing for slightly reactive site
I would get hold of the soil report to confirm it.
Yeh I've received my soil report, but wouldn't mind seeing someone else's to compare.
robarcher_83
Hi kellydoug, thanks for the reply. I was quoted around the $23,000 mark due to stage 1 & 2 site costs but been told stage 3 has worse soil with more clay. My block is classed S and requires a C7 slab. So it has risen to $43,000. Wouldn't mind seeing the soil report.

We were also S class soil, but required a C3 slab?? Our provisional sum was $19k.
How big is your block, and who are you building with?
Thanks for the report. Does help a bit. My block does have more clay. As the 2nd level of soil in clay
my block is also 512m2 and I do need pay extra for the bushfire regulations. I'm building with Redink aswell
Related
14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

2/03/2024
Site cost for a battleaxe plot

Building A New House

Thanks for the insight! My plot is a new development so hopefully I won't have too much problem during build as everyone should be roughly building together. I also…

4/03/2024
Does fibre glass pool add to the site cost

General Discussion

Approvals are covered in the cost we are paying to the pool company. The only thing stated in our home build contract for the additional cost is engineering support. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum