Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building in Bloomdale, Diggers Rest Vic

Page 1 of 11
Love to connect with people who have started building in this estate.
Hey, we will be starting our build very soon (Stage 5, titles have just been released, was delayed just prior to the christmas break-up)

How about yourself, which stage are you in?
Troyziee
Hey, we will be starting our build very soon (Stage 5, titles have just been released, was delayed just prior to the christmas break-up)

How about yourself, which stage are you in?

Hey there,

We are in stage 3. Our home should be finished by March the latest. We are building with Boutique Homes. Awesome stage 5 titles have been released. Before you know it your slab will be down and the fun begins. Who are you building with?
In by March sounds awesome! We won't have site start till March thanks to the delay combined with christmas break-up.

We are building with Carlisle Homes, so far its been a smooth ride, hopefully the construction is just a smooth! I have a feeling you got the block we were initially looking at, judging by the Boutique homes currently in the estate.
Love Carlisle they were in our top 3 to choose from. We were pretty quick getting the block as buy the time we decided on Bloomdale estate, stage 1 and 2 had already gone. The houses around us have come up so fast. Loved watching them get finished. We started in August and we have been a bit slower as we have had building inspector for each stage which was so worth it. No major issues at all and Boutique have been fantastic in amending any issues.
We were super close to going with Boutique, the floor plan just needed a few too many changes to suit us, but when we saw the Carlisle plan we feel in love with it!
Hey Shellzmac,

do you recall how long Bloomdale and council took to approve your house design?

Everything is in order for us to get to site, just need the developer/council approvals! hoping they are quite quick so we can get onsite ASAP
Hey Troyziee the council took about a week and the the building permits took up to 10days.
Hi all! My partner and I purchased Stage 6. They are saying land is going to be released in May.

We did a drive by today, and they are putting up the sound barriers on the Calder Fwy ramp. Estate is coming along nicely!

We are building with Henley - Monaco Lux Q2. We loved the layout of this home. We are at the stage of picking all the colours, etc prior to our colour appointment / tender signing. Very exciting!!

Shellzmac, did you go for an independent building inspector? We were thinking of doing the same thing. Would you highly recommend the mob that you used?
Congrats adrianaa

We do a drive by multiple times a week :p even though we know nothing will have changed..

Thanks Shellzmac, hopefully its nice and quick, and our builder has room to slot us into the site starts, as I'm getting extremely eager to see something happen!
Troyziee
Congrats adrianaa

We do a drive by multiple times a week :p even though we know nothing will have changed..

Thanks Shellzmac, hopefully its nice and quick, and our builder has room to slot us into the site starts, as I'm getting extremely eager to see something happen!

Oh cool. Do you currently live near by?
currently in Sydenham, so close enough to swing by on the way home from work or whatever
Troyziee
currently in Sydenham, so close enough to swing by on the way home from work or whatever

Oh that's really handy for you!
We're currently in Essendon North in an apartment. Both of our families are in Taylors Lakes, so when we're visiting them (once a week or fortnight) we pop by Diggers Rest.

Last I heard, Stage 5 was supposed to be released in Feb. Have you had any indication on the date yet? Half our street is Stage 5 and half is Stage 6 (Clacy Street).
Stage 5 was meant to settle in November/December, though due to some very unfortunate circumstances, it got delayed, which then rolled into the Christmas shutdown, so a further delay! However we are all settled now and official owners of the block

Stage 6 seems to be going a lot faster then stage 5 did, however that could just be because stage 5 we were checking it every couple of days waiting for things to happen!
Hi all,

We purchased land in stage one and are moving in next week. Nice to have a forum with my neighbours! Good luck on your builds!
Hey Mandalepanda,

Thats awesome your moving in next week, wish i was at that stage! who did you build with?

Good luck with the move
my partner and I are hoping to take a couple of weeks off work when it comes time for the move, just to be able to enjoy it, and get all the little things done.
Congratulations Adrianaa how exciting. Strongly recommend a building inspector. We are going through Darbecca, Darren or David very well known throughout the building industry. Every stage they found things with boutique homes. Nothing major but things that were very important to ensure ur house is built to code. Darbecca.com.au
Welcome Mandalepanda we are in stage 3 Burrow Dve! Move in hopefully 4 weeks time.
I think all stages have been delayed and unfortunately will continue just the way it has been we were supposed to be titled in March 2014 but was titled in July 2014. Dont rely on dates given.
Shellzmac
Strongly recommend a building inspector. We are going through Darbecca

So you would recommend using Darbecca? had not heard of them before, though i have only done very limited research for an inspector, but if you recommend them and they have already done a house in Bloomdale, i'd be happy to go with them

At what point in time do you engage them? (how much notice do they need prior to starting construction)
Related
16/01/2024
Now It's 0.3mm Gap For Double Glazing. It beats all the rest

Windows & Doors

This is one of the reasons I decided to go overseas for my double glazed windows. As the builder indicated, he's worked on many upmarket builds, these were the most well…

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum