Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Cara and Matt's First Build - Baldivis

Page 1 of 29
Hi all

I have been following a few of your builds and love all the photos that I decided to start my own thread

We are currently building our first home with Impressions in Baldivis, WA. We are about 4 weeks away from handover which is very exciting. I won't bore you with the start of the build photos but I will post a few up

Floor plan

Front so far

Spa bath - Ensuite

Kitchen (scullery to the side) colours are -
Top - Polar White Silk Finish
Bottom - Moose Silk Finish
Essa stone Benchtop - sorbet
Glass Splashback - Mercury

Front door and cedar wood lining which is also in our alfresco
I like your plan the bedrooms are a good size .I think your feature tile in your ensuite is the same as mine in my kitchen but mine is white. Goodluck with the rest of your build
Melsie68
I like your plan the bedrooms are a good size .I think your feature tile in your ensuite is the same as mine in my kitchen but mine is white. Goodluck with the rest of your build

The feature tile only came in a blue/grey, a black and a brown. White would have been nice! They were $97 a sqm at imported ceramics. We have the black in the kids bathrooms.

Heading down to the house to check out the progress today so hopefully more photos to follow!
Yeh sorry they are more grey than white . But I yo
. But I think I paid around the same price remember they were not cheap .
Melsie68
Yeh sorry they are more grey than white . But I yo
. But I think I paid around the same price remember they were not cheap .

Oh I love those! They didn't have that colour when we were at the tile shop!
Wow your plan looks great
We have progress!! Elecrtrical has started, plumbing is finished. Kitchen still needs work and we still need the front wall they missed rendered and painted. Cedar wood lining to be finished in the alfresco and spa pump and gas to be installed and we are on a roll!!

Laundry

Bathroom feature tile finished. Shower screens and mirrors in by the end of the week!

Shower head

We didn't upgrade on tapware as we planned to do it ourselves.. Can't wait to start buying taps now
We used ours for our kitchen splash back probley not a good choice near oil lol but its all for the look.
Your other wall tiles are stunning I love the marble effect . I didnt even think about draws in bathroom .would of been a good idea though . Loving the photos .
We didn't think about draws wither until a friend mentioned they forgot them, which made me think they would be good to have. We originally had three draws there but we had to take the top one out to fit the PowerPoint as our PowerPoint wasn't able to go either side of the tiles - was too close to water.
Loving your plan - especially the whole master suite/ensuite/WIR area!! Good luck with the build
looks great love all your selections
Love your design! The ensuite is amazing! If you don't mind me asking which estate are you building in? We just secured a lot in Paradiso Estate.
tristyn1989
Love your design! The ensuite is amazing! If you don't mind me asking which estate are you building in? We just secured a lot in Paradiso Estate.

We are neighbours
we are in the estate of baldivis north.
Looking fantastic!! Love heaps of things
Cabinet makers are finalising today and tomorrow.. Glass splashback is in Friday along with the garage door, shower screens in this week sometime. Then the main two things left are the plasterer, painters and lighting and we are almost in our home!!
Caraf88
Cabinet makers are finalising today and tomorrow.. Glass splashback is in Friday along with the garage door, shower screens in this week sometime. Then the main two things left are the plasterer, painters and lighting and we are almost in our home!!

So exciting! I can't wait to start getting excited about building again
who is doing your glass splashback?
We have Glasskote WA doing our splashback. They have installed our kitchen one but we are awaiting the scullery one to go in. I will post some photos as we have had lots of progress!

Kitchen splashback in 'Mercury' I love it!! If you look closely it has tiny gold speckles to it.

Another angle of the kitchen splashback. Just waiting for the scullery splashback to go in now.

Our ensuite shower .. We would of loved to go full heigh tiling in the bathroom but the way our bathroom had to be designed to fit the spa bath in it just didn't suit having floor to entire wall tiling.
I love the glass splashback and the ensuite
Love the kitchen splash back!! The kitchen looks awesome
Related
28/12/2023
Matt Black Kitchen .. Options

Kitchen Corner

I asked this question of one of the forum's resident cabinet makers who may/may not wish to identify himself to answer other questions if he sees this, but the rersponse…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum