Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stoneleigh Dale Alcock Baldivis

Page 1 of 40
Hi everyone!

I only just discovered this forum a couple of months back when we were looking to build our home and have found everyone's experiences to be really helpful! We have already settled on a block in Baldivis, and about 2 months ago now signed with Dale Alcock and chose their Stoneleigh design. Everything has happened so quickly, we were planning to sit on the block for a while but once we saw the design we fell for it straight away and couldn't wait to get started. This is the second home we are building so we are pretty excited to get started!!

We have our external colour meeting booked for 12th Jan. We have already done majority of variations/upgrades prior to signing the contract so really it will be just a few final things at prestart. Once we get the final drawings through (we made one last change to the master ensuite last minute!) I will put it up (once I work out how to??!!??)

Looking forward to sharing our build with you all!

Timeline:

12/9/2014: Deposit on Land
28/10/2014: Deposit Builder
6/11/1014: Settlement Land
12/01/2015: Colour Consult
12/02/2015: Appointment with Intelligent Homes
13/02/2015: Signed contracts with Builder
13/02/2015: Prestart
20/02/2015: Water Tap installed
23/03/2015: Formal Bank approval
7/04/2015: Construction phase
15/4/2015: Earthworks commenced
22/4/2015: Footings
23/4/2015: Slab
6/05/2015: Bricks Delivered
7/05/2015: Bricklaying commenced
27/05/2015: Plate High/Brickwork completed
05/06/2015: Roof timbers delivered
06/06/2015: Part of elevation rendered
08/06/2015: Roof timbers started
09/06/2015: Roof frame started
11/06/2015: Roof timbers complete, Eave Linings complete, Fascia complete.
15/06/2015: Installation Conduit Intelligent homes
16/06/2015: Intelligent homes wiring and Plumbing completed
18/06/2015: Electrical cabling commenced
19/06/2015: Electrical cabling complete
22/06/2015: Downpipes installed, roof sheets delivered
23/06/2015: Gutters installed, anticon delivered
25/06/2015: Anticon and Roof completed
26/06/2015: Grey Float started
29/06/2015: Grey float completed
09/07/2015: Ceilings commenced
10/07/2015: Ceilings completed, cornices commenced
13/07/2015: Cornices completed
15/07/2015: White set started
21/07/2015: White set completed
25/07/2015: Glazing commenced
27/07/2015: Glazing completed, doors, shelving, railing delivered.
28/07/2015: Lock up!!
29/07/2015: Remainder front render completed
30/07/2015: Painting starts
31/07/2015: Cabinets in!!
4/08/2015: Bath installed, plumbing work
5/08/2015: Screeding completed wet areas, Tile meeting with SS
6/08/2015: Grano to garage and alfresco
10/08/2015: Waterproofing completed
13/08/2015: Stone bench tops installed, basins in, tiling starts. Custom doors delivered for entrance and hallway.
1/9/2015: Hot water delivered, apppliances delivered, toilets delivered, custom to master dressing room completed, intelligent homes data points, NBN, and security system installed. Cabinets to alfresco servery installed.
2/9/2015: Taps installed to kitchen, bathroom and laundry. Down lights almost complete & most switches done. Oven installed.
3/9/2015: External lights, alfresco fans, shower heads fitted, Rheen installed
9/9/2015: Elevation tiles nearly complete, air con vents and ducting installed.
11/09/2015: Insulation installed, elevation tiles complete, shower screens installed, mirror in bathroom installed. Crown trim completed around cabinetry.
14/09/2015: Sliding doors on robes installed.
15/09/2015:Painting doors and frames, elevation painted.
16/10/2015: PCI
28/10/2015: Garage roller door installed.
30/10/2015: Second inspection
24/11/2015: Keys

Here is our most recent (but not final) version of the floor plan. Still going through drawings as we speak.

Since this we have added 31c ceilings to master bedroom

Reversed slider to dining room/alfresco

Reconfigured the master ensuite so the basins are on the external wall and shower on the internal. The basins will have a 2cx15c window starting at the bench top as a feature between the his and hers basins.

All doors from the entrance are raised to 2340 including the games room. All doors apart from the bedrooms are brentwood glazed. Both sliders have been taken up to 28c.

We are having a large window put on the master ensuite rather than the 2 separate windows. These have been upgraded to a similar type of window as on the display elevation.

We upgraded the windows like the display so we are hoping it adds a bit of something to the very standard elevation. We are also thinking about having contrasting render with the garage and house, and possibly a travertine tile/cladding/or even some sort of stone feature to that front render feature instead to jazz it up a little. The plan is to have a rendered wall at the front of the house for extra play area for out daughter.
Welcome!
We too are building the Stoneleigh at The Vines

Looking forward to following your build!
Subscribed! Yep, we've just started our build but like you we planned to sit on the block for a while. Once we picked our design we couldn't hold back.

Good luck, keen to see your progress.
How exciting I have been following your build too! Our floor plan is more or less the same so it's going to be so exciting seeing yours go up with ours not too far behind you!

All the best with your build super excited be following your build also. Hope its all running smoothly!
Our first piece of art for our new home a little bit of inspiration. All wrapped up and waiting to be hung up in the new home!

Be careful buying bits and pieces for the new home at this stage... it gets very addictive! I have a storage unit full, plus bits and pieces stashed away at my folks place, and we are only at pad stage... it's getting out of control.

My first home progress: viewtopic.php?t=74975
At least we will have everything ready to move in and enjoy straight away
We fell in love with the stoneleigh kitchen and decided to create a floor plan around it here's a photo to see what we did with the stoneleigh kitchen.. We kept the scullery idea from the display but incorporated a three door panty on one side and a workbench with overheads the other side

jelbell55
Hi everyone!

I only just discovered this forum a couple of months back when we were looking to build our home and have found everyone's experiences to be really helpful! We have already settled on a block in Baldivis, and about 2 months ago now signed with Dale Alcock and chose their Stoneleigh design. Everything has happened so quickly, we were planning to sit on the block for a while but once we saw the design we fell for it straight away and couldn't wait to get started. This is the second home we are building so we are pretty excited to get started!!

We have our external colour meeting booked for 12th Jan. We have already done majority of variations/upgrades prior to signing the contract so really it will be just a few final things at prestart. Once we get the final drawings through (we made one last change to the master ensuite last minute!) I will put it up (once I work out how to??!!??)

Love seeing another Stoneleigh build

We recently built a combination between stoneleigh and archipelago and we love the design. Works so well for our family!! All the best with your build, will enjoy following
Thanks for uploading this pic I really love what you have done with the scullery. We are wanting ideas to create a space within the pantry to hide all the appliances so any suggestions are much appreciated. On one side of the pantry we were considering just leaving the second shelf from the top off and putting a few power points so we can put the coffee machine toaster kettle etc in there so it is all hidden. Possibly do a laminate bench top instead?
+Tbrown2012
jelbell55
Hi everyone!

Love seeing another Stoneleigh build

We recently built a combination between stoneleigh and archipelago and we love the design. Works so well for our family!! All the best with your build, will enjoy following

Thank you
I must say I enjoyed reading through your posts and your home is just absolutely stunning. You have given us some great tips too!
We had our colour consult yesterday and overall I think it went very well! We pretty much knew exactly what colours we wanted so we were done in under 45 mins!

I was dead set against having surfmist for our roof colour but was talked into it within about 30 seconds!! We were going to go with evening haze and surfmist for the fascia but our consultant suggested that it might clash too much with our external colour choices, which we thought she had a very good point! Hmmm I am still unsure about having such a white roof so it will be a matter of waiting to see how everything ties in when finished!

External colours:

Roof: Colorbond Surfmist
Gutters: Colorbond Surfmist
Fascia: Colourbond surfmist
Downpipes: Surfmist
Main render colour: Solver Vitesse
Garage door: Surfmist
Bricks: Collie
Paving: Lucky for us we know someone that does exposed aggregate concrete which we will be getting done after handover. All paving has been deleted.
Window Frames: White Lustre

The feature render at the front we have decided to do in a travertine tile 810x300

Floor coverings will be the same as what they use in most of their display homes
Everywhere engineered timber apart from theatre, bed 2, 3 and 4. We are going with timber in the master and study.

Carpets: Charm 11 9 Phantom

Kitchen

30mm Caesarstone with waterfall edge: White shimmer. This will also be continued out into the alfresco area to create a bench with cupboards underneath like the display.
Fronts and overheads: Polar white Sheen
Splashback: Glass gunmetal

Ensuite and bathroom:

We have gone with white shimmer again 20mm for bench tops
Fronts: Melamine Marni Lini Finegrain
Wall tiles: Upgrade to 300x600 Paradox grey
Floor tiles: Upgrade to 300x300 Paradox grey.

We have copied the bathroom colours from the Elwood Display and are using the exact same tiles they used in the home.

Here is a better pic of the floor and wall tiles almost has a bronze colour in it.

Laundry we have gone with the same as the bathrooms however we are putting in overheads at prestart. Splashback will most probably be the same tiles as the bathrooms and floor.

Electrical consult and prestart are booked in for 4 weeks time so still a little while away but we are one step closer! Also meeting with Intelligent Homes day before prestart
Love all your choices, very classic. Look forward to following.
Thanks !!!

Loving all your colour choice, seems we have similar tastes! I think it will all look amazing together!
jelbell55
butterbing
We fell in love with the stoneleigh kitchen and decided to create a floor plan around it here's a photo to see what we did with the stoneleigh kitchen.. We kept the scullery idea from the display but incorporated a three door panty on one side and a workbench with overheads the other side

Thanks for uploading this pic I really love what you have done with the scullery. We are wanting ideas to create a space within the pantry to hide all the appliances so any suggestions are much appreciated. On one side of the pantry we were considering just leaving the second shelf from the top off and putting a few power points so we can put the coffee machine toaster kettle etc in there so it is all hidden. Possibly do a laminate bench top instead?

We have our toaster kettle and microwave in the scullery originally the scullery was flipped so you would see the pantry doors from the living area and these items would be out of sight but so glad we flipped it. Originally it was because the microwave didn't fit on the other side due to a slightly smaller depth but also so the overheads and splash back followed on... We have sliding doors on the scullery so we can close them

butterbing
jelbell55
butterbing

We have our toaster kettle and microwave in the scullery originally the scullery was flipped so you would see the pantry doors from the living area and these items would be out of sight but so glad we flipped it. Originally it was because the microwave didn't fit on the other side due to a slightly smaller depth but also so the overheads and splash back followed on... We have sliding doors on the scullery so we can close them

Really love what you did, love the sliding door idea too. It looks great how it all flows. You have certainly given us a few ideas! Thanks heaps
We have also turned the three door pantry into a double door pantry for food etc.. the third pantry cupboard is for our other appliances bread maker, electric frypan, slow cooker etc so the third pantry door is an appliance cupboard

Our exit door is also an inter blind door which has an internal blind installed behind the glass. Which means we can close the blind fully, partially or open it.. We kept the stoneleigh exit door through the pantry idea because our kids playground area is outside this door and then allows natural light in the kitchen... Sorry about the dirty door lol looks like it desperately needs a clean.. The kids turn the slide into a water slide looks like the door has had a nice hose down..

But anyway enough about my house lol your selections look awesome and due to your ensuite toilet location you couldn't do the scullery idea and you already have the natural light for the bifold window in the kitchen so it's all good... And no good to have an exit door in your case as there is only the fence on that side lol but anyway thought I'd share.. Your pantry could have a concealed single slider instead of a normal door but it's an expensive upgrade and if your like us it ends staying open and your pantry could be changed to a three door flat pantry like we did but it may not be everyone's cup of tea...anyone thought I'd share what we did as I absolutely love our kitchen

Love all your colour selections jelbell55.

Looking forward to following your build.
Thank you I just LOVE that door to the outside it looks really nice. A really beautiful feature! I would have loved to have that in our home as I felt like it was a real "Stoneleigh feature" You have really put a lot of thought into your kitchen and how it works I love it.. great idea having the third for all your appliances.
I am just wondering if you think our appliances will work in the kitchen cupboard if we put a few extra power points in there on the 2nd shelf??
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum