Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Why does Henley do 2720mm ceiling height instead of 2740mm?

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm a first home buyer, so it's my first time building...

I have been in contact with a sales person from Henley for some time, but noticed that Henley only offers 2420mm, 2570mm and 2720mm nominal ceiling heights rather than the more standard 2440mm, 2590mm and 2740mm. Does anyone know why? All other builders seem to do 2440, 2590 and 2740 nominal heights.
Henley did 2590mm as standard for us.
It could be sheet sizes and whether you have square set and/or small skirtings. Don't forget those sizes are frame sizes eg from the top of the floor joists to the underside of the trusses. 1200 + 1350mm sheets = 2550
Maybe the other builders giving those stud heights use bigger cornices to hide the gaps at the top of standard sheets??

Stewie
PEARZ

Thanks. So Henley can do standard 2440mm, 2590mm and 2740mm if required?

Henley's sale consultant said that to her knowledge, if not using square set cornice, it will be normal heights like 2440mm, 2590mm and 2740mm. However, square set cornice is not a standard inclusions with Henley anymore, but Henley still lists 2570mm and 2720mm as their upgrade options rather than 2590mm and 2740mm.

Did you ask for 2590mm explicitly without square set cornice?
Stewie D
It could be sheet sizes and whether you have square set and/or small skirtings. Don't forget those sizes are frame sizes eg from the top of the floor joists to the underside of the trusses. 1200 + 1350mm sheets = 2550
Maybe the other builders giving those stud heights use bigger cornices to hide the gaps at the top of standard sheets??

Stewie

Thanks Stewie. In the Henley's master drawings, it illustrates 2570mm as o/a plates for the ground floor and 2420mm as o/a plates for the first floor. And in the quotation, it states as below:

2570mm nominal ceiling height to the ground floor of double storey homes. 2430mm nominal ceiling height to first floor.

Cornice - 75mm cove cornice to whole house

92mm skirtings to ground floor & 67mm skirtings to first floor

42mm architraves to windows and doors

Does it make sense?
nestaxu
PEARZ

Henley's sale consultant said that to her knowledge, if not using square set cornice, it will be normal heights like 2440mm, 2590mm and 2740mm. However, square set cornice is not a standard inclusions with Henley anymore, but Henley still lists 2570mm and 2720mm as their upgrade options rather than 2590mm and 2740mm.

No, 2590mm with square set. Didn't ask for it, was part of standard inclusion. Didn't even understand what they meant by sq set back then but it looks good!
PEARZ
nestaxu
PEARZ

No, 2590mm with square set. Didn't ask for it, was part of standard inclusion. Didn't even understand what they meant by sq set back then but it looks good!

hmm... but in today's Henley's quotation, it's always 2570mm even without square set cornice, not sure since when it has become 2570mm though...
Are u in new estate? Are there any guidelines that specify how high ur ceilings must be? Check.
PEARZ
Are u in new estate? Are there any guidelines that specify how high ur ceilings must be? Check.

As far as I know, it's not an estate requirment as other builders can do 2590mm in the same estate.

2570mm is described on Henley's inclusion pdf online, so I guess it's standard with Henley regardless of estates..

But I don't understand why Henley only do 2570mm and 2720mm, 20mm lower than other builders do.
nestaxu
PEARZ

As far as I know, it's not an estate requirment as other builders can do 2590mm in the same estate.

2570mm is described on Henley's inclusion pdf online, so I guess it's standard with Henley regardless of estates..

But I don't understand why Henley only do 2570mm and 2720mm, 20mm lower than other builders do.

And they are the ceiling heights without square set
Sorry must have updated their current inclusions. Have u tried asking ur sales person and see if they can throw it in for free or something?
PEARZ
Sorry must have updated their current inclusions. Have u tried asking ur sales person and see if they can throw it in for free or something?

yeah I asked, but as Henley's office has closed for Christmas break, I would have to wait till the end of month to get the answer. My sales person said that to her knowledge, if not using square set, the height will be normal 2590mm. But I did question that statement, because square set is not even a standard inclusion with Henley now, and their ceiling is still 2570mm with 75mm cove cornice...
Related
4/10/2023
Sikaflex Pro instead of Window Flashing?

Renovation + Home Improvement

AFAIK, flashing is a minimum standard. Out of curiosity is your window glass stamped with AS requirements in any of the corners of each pane? Im almost certan if theyre…

6/06/2024
New home build: Heat pump HWS instead of Rainwater tank

Building A New House

That's brilliant would appreciate if you have you can locate the other doc so I can use it with my discussion with the building surveyor

8/05/2024
Builder wants to build new ceiling over defective ceiling

Building A New House

Thank you @ashington Homes for your reply! They just got back to me and offered credit for me to just take it as is. It was a less than quotes I got from ceiling…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum