Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building At Macarthur Heights (UWS Campbelltown)

Page 1 of 15
Hi Folks,

As per Landcom first land release for Macarthur Heights is about to come out. I wanted to start this thread so that people can share there Past And Present experiences about Macarthur - Campbelltown and Nearby Area's such as Bradbury, Airds etc. And then we can continue this thread once people start buying land for Macarthur Heights.

I would really appreciate if people can share there experiences and views freely.
Macarthur Heights Stage 1 is now registered..
Hi myhome111

Does that mean we can actually see the land before buying it??
I believe stage 1 is sold out but you can drive by and have a look at the area or visit the sales office there. Maybe check some builder lots..
Just wondering if anyone else is also building over at Macarthur Heights?
My wife and I were lucky to grab a 735 sqm lot in the re-list last January 2015. Settlement is early April.

Currently looking for a builder to construct our first home - a single storey house and a granny flat to go with it. We got a quote from Big M for a Lancaster, and are waiting for M's tender submission.

Someone had also tipped us about Mojo Homes, and their designs look very sleek. Meeting up with their rep tomorrow to see what they can offer.

1st_homebuyer, yes you can. In fact I was able to inspect my preferred lot right before I made the $300 deposit.

tnc2004, have you started to build? Which builder are you going with?
gaultz
My wife and I were lucky to grab a 735 sqm lot in the re-list last January 2015. Settlement is early April.

Currently looking for a builder to construct our first home - a single storey house and a granny flat to go with it. We got a quote from Big M for a Lancaster, and are waiting for M's tender submission.

Someone had also tipped us about Mojo Homes, and their designs look very sleek. Meeting up with their rep tomorrow to see what they can offer.

1st_homebuyer, yes you can. In fact I was able to inspect my preferred lot right before I made the $300 deposit.

tnc2004, have you started to build? Which builder are you going with?

Oh nice one! Nah not yet. We're building with Masterton. They submitted our plans to council last week so hopefully it doesn't take to long (6-8 weeks from what I've been told!). Our last appointment will be Electrical's this Wednesday then it's pretty much the waiting game.

We're in Stage 1 Release 2.
Just giving this thread a bump. Here's hoping to see more faces in this thread
We bought the land in first release there and got the registered in nov/dec 2014
Currently building with Macdonald Jones, Plans are just approved.

Fingers crossed, construction will commence soon.
bunny_2509
We bought the land in first release there and got the registered in nov/dec 2014
Currently building with Macdonald Jones, Plans are just approved.

Fingers crossed, construction will commence soon.

Oh nice one. Seems like a everyones building with MacDonald Jones over at Macarthur Heights.
Hi

Anyone here applied thru the council and was charged s94A Development Contribution Levy?

We applied thru CDC but received a letter today from Council that s94A is deferred pending the outcome of councils negotiations with UWS and UrbanGrowth.

If the landowner has to pay.. then it will be likely an council rates + 1% of construction cost s94A levy

Articles regarding this levy here...
http://www.campbelltown.nsw.gov.au/Section94ADevelopmentContributionsPlan
http://news.domain.com.au/domain/real-estate-news/land-locked-in-building-showdown-20100813-1233t.html
myhome111
Hi

Anyone here applied thru the council and was charged s94A Development Contribution Levy?

We applied thru CDC but received a letter today from Council that s94A is deferred pending the outcome of councils negotiations with UWS and UrbanGrowth.

If the landowner has to pay.. then it will be likely an council rates + 1% of construction cost s94A levy

Articles regarding this levy here...
http://www.campbelltown.nsw.gov.au/Section94ADevelopmentContributionsPlan
http://news.domain.com.au/domain/real-estate-news/land-locked-in-building-showdown-20100813-1233t.html

Yep we did initially but then it got refunded to us. We ended up receiving a letter about Urban Growth and UWS working together about some agreement and that we didn't need to pay it.
hopefully we don't have to pay... do you know if this this one-off or recurring?
myhome111
hopefully we don't have to pay... do you know if this this one-off or recurring?

Yeah hopefully we don't have too. I'm pretty sure it's a 'one-off' thing but I could be wrong. Lets just hope we don't have to pay it, period lol.
Friends , any idea when is the next land release?
Hi All,
We are also in middle of our building with Mac Jones as well

Our lot is also from first registration Dec last year.
Good Luck to All,
Cheers,
Wahz
Hey waheedzz,

Nice one! Looks like there's a lot of MacDonald Jones builds at MH
TNC2004
Hey waheedzz,

Nice one! Looks like there's a lot of MacDonald Jones builds at MH

Thanks TNC2004! MJ seems a winner at this stage my friend is also building with them they are a month or 2 ahead of us..
Oh yeah it sure does. I was trying to guess which one you would be from the first release and realised there was a fair bit lol
anyone has any idea when is the next release? thanks
Related
26/10/2023
Queensland ceiling heights - help!

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

We bought a house in 2015 advertised as a 7/2/2, 4br up, 3br down (7br), and to date, it’s a great house. However, we’ve just had it valued and it’s come in as a…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum