Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 1 of 579
Calling all Coral buildees!!! I know many of us have our own build threads but I thought it'd be nice to have a thread we can all chat and swap stories in like they do for some of the bigger builders since there are quite a few of us now.

I thought we could all re-introduce ourselves to start with. How about we keep a list here of what design you're building with and where you're building (just general area, we don't need exact suburb etc) and we can swap the best and worst of our build stories and keep track of who is who and where they are up to a bit easier. So let me know what design and are you are and I'll add them to this first post. I might also think about trying to update the stage where up to, but that might get a bit tricky...

Here goes:

As of 8/12/14:
Mellywil: Daydream 28 (modified), south west Sydney. CDC received!!! http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72384
Adriang: Noosa 25, NSW mid-north coast. In council awaiting DA approval
Jul33m1: Marcoola 32 (modified), south west Sydney. Almost at lockup!
daydream_build: Daydream 30 (modified), Hervey Bay Qld. Roof trusses started http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74084&p=1313725&sid=279214579251d851a0ece401925a4e08#p1313725
ASH Jordan Springs: Noosa 20, west Sydney. Contract
manderinne: Noosa 29 (modified), Brisbane. Contract
cubshome: Newport 19 (narrow lot), Newcastle. Lockup and Keys!
whzzz28: Noosa 23, Warner. Moved in!!!
jwbear: Daydream 30, Logan. Final stages - handover soon
s_mack: Winton, Brisbane. Bricks complete - internal fitout
Katie_11: Noosa 29, Northern Rivers. Site start 29 Jan
Finnsmamma: Bribie 30, Loganlea, Tender
The Howesies: Daydream 28, Northern Rivers Almost complete!!
MrsJM: Bronte 38 (heavily modified to a 43), Deposit paid
Coastalbreeze: Longreach, Sunshine Coast. Deposit paid
Elise+Tim: Sapphire (modified), Wauchope Tender
Nick20Noosa: Noosa 20, Regents Park, Colour selection complete [url]viewtopic.php?f=31&t=76214[/url]
lisa_lent: Noosa25 Signing contracts http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=76209
defdaz: Longreach (modified), Karalee Qld, Paying deposit
Hi everyone,
We are building a modified Noosa 25 at Harrington, on the NSW mid north coast. At this stage we are waiting for tender, hopefully within the next week or so. I have been watching the various Coral threads with interest.
We decided on the Noosa 25 after inspecting the new Central Coast display, at Woongarrah and will be selecting most of the tiles, colours, render etc as per that house.

Cheers

Adrian
Great idea Mellywil, building the Marcoola 32(modified)southwest sydney.site cut today,portaloo arrived and fencing up. Julie
C'mon guys; cubshome, whzzz, Daydream build where are you all? Give me your details so I can add them.

On my front, I just had a call from our CSO and we're staying with the certifier!! Woot! I was NOT expecting that
Mellywil
C'mon guys; cubshome, whzzz, Daydream build where are you all? Give me your details so I can add them.

On my front, I just had a call from our CSO and we're staying with the certifier!! Woot! I was NOT expecting that

Building modified daydream 30 in Hervey Bay QLD
Currently waiting for start date (still)
Hey hey
what a great idea Mellywil!

I'm building a Noosa 20 in Jordan Springs, Western Sydney
Up to contract stage
Hi Mellywil,I think I successfully just signed up to tap talk, now working out how to add pics, I'm getting there!. Sorry these pics aren't the best,but now I understand how to add them I'll get better ones, Julie

Hooray finally,photos up,the first 1# is in May 2014,when we first purchased our block,
2 & 3# site start this week! I think that I'll go and get a job in IT now
,seriously I just want to stay home and post more photos, but I have to go to work
, I have heaps,I'll put our plan up and colours when I get home,Julie
Hi all Coral Home builders,here are my house plans and elevations,Julie

Looks great Julie!!
Thanks guys, it actually looks like a list now. Still waiting for some of the others to find us over here. Be sure to give me a nudge if I forget to update a stage or have your info right.

Hooray Julie! Looking good. I do like the Marcoola. Very similar to the Daydream so no surprise I guess. We just wanted ALL the boys down the other end from our room LOL. I do love my children honestly. It's just that three boys can be very loud
Hi all, we're building a modified Noosa 29 in Mango Hill, north of Brisbane.

Land settlement will be before Christmas, sorting out the build contract in the meantime

Thread to come once we have correct plans.
Sorry Mellywil only realised there was a general thread haha

My partner and I are building a Newport 19 (narrow block) design and have just had our slab poured and is nearly cured
. We are building in saddles ridge in gillies ton heights. Near Newcastle nsw.

cubshome
Sorry Mellywil only realised there was a general thread haha

No worries I'm just impatient and was being bossy

I can't believe how many of us there are now!
Building a Noosa 23 here at Warner.
Currently at painting stage.
Expect to be in in January/February (more likely Feb).

There's a new display village at Leppington - about ten minutes from me
Anybody been out there? I'm going to try and get out there sometime to check out the fittings. I wonder if my love of display homes will go away after we're in our new house?

I'm surprised they didn't put a Daydream on display. I got the feeling from my sales guy and from on here that they are really popular and their isn't a display one anywhere in NSW. The Leppington village has a Santorini and a Noosa.
Haha well maybe it was a good idea for you to start the general thread then and keeps us coralers in line

My partner and I are heading to my parents this Xmas up in Brisbane and I'm wondering where bouts there are some display homes apart from the Gold Coast? We will be driving up to brissy so anything on the way would be good. We are also heading to Sydney this weekend and wouldn't mind know where there are some on the Central Coast? Leppington might be a bit too far for my partner....ergo stuff it I'm just going to say Luke instead lol... To either drive or be driven as he can get a bit bored with some house things. I made him go to masters with me to have a look at some locks for the internal garage access door and I could tell he wasn't in the mood. I was quite happy to walk around and look at all the rugs, fittings, lights, garden ideas and door locks
wouldn't have been better with a sausage sizzle in hand for charity. Well that's one main reason I head to Bunnings or masters at lunch time haha

I've been to the one lone home on the Central Coast. It didn't thrill me to be honest and it was a bit weird, kinda all by itself in the middle of established homes - that's the main thing that's stuck in my head. The Gregory Hills/Leppington Display homes are probably a bit far out of your way, but if you did talk your partner into it, there's three at GH and the two new ones at Leppington
You're not alone by the way. Some of my excursions have been with my 7yo as my partner and others have been solo. The husband just doesn't enjoy it at all.

As for Gold Coast, I have no idea. The one I was going to look at was at Toowoomba which is a couple of hours out of Brisbane. That's where the Daydream is so that's where I was heading (and I have a friend there).
Hmm bummer. I just tried to have a look and couldn't find any display homes being a Newport
yeah I was thinking of hedging out towards Toowoomba because my folks live in Esk which is up her the big dams for Brisbane and have to go put Toowoomba to get there.

I suppose it just depends on who the person is as I grew up being interested in graphics and architectural drawings and doing some creative media things at uni so I tend to have a bit more of a decorating or "interior designer" feel to me compared to Luke haha. Though one thing I did was try to give my opinion with things but try not to boss him around and force him to choose certain things. For example the bright orange splash back tiles for the kitchen haha (his favourite colour is orange).

Warner has QLD's latest Coral display house (Santorini) as of writing, and north of that about a 20-30min drive is North lakes which has two houses (Noosa23 Mk2 and Marcoola 32).
North lakes is a large and popular display village with an entire street of displays. Well worth the drive.

Those two locations are the newest display and have the current, or at least most current inclusions as of a few months ago.
Looks like coral has changed their inclusions lately so it won't be 100% but should be close.
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum