Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Should I accept this?

Page 1 of 1
Looking for some advice from you seasoned builders. We are building with Celebration Homes, and about 1/2 weeks from lockup. All our floor plumbing has been put in the wrong place - it’s about 200/300mm out. As a result pipe entries are “in” walls. I ASSUMED they realised this, as it is perfectly obvious, but after nothing being done or said about it, I asked what was happening - this was the day before yesterday. Yesterday I get an email saying that yes, they can confirm that all the floor plumbing is out of place, and that it will be fixed when the plumbers start putting in the fixing. I went up to the house today, and this is how they have fixed it . . .

So, now 2 walls have holes knocked in them, and I have these bent pipes on all the drains. They physically moved the toilet and the showers, but left all the other drains the same.

Should I be accepting this??

Thanks
if the pipes are hidden then there is not issue. The toilet had to be move as there is no other way to fix this. The only issue I can see for your basins is if they are wall mounted ones and where to have the pipes hidden in the wall.
All the basins will have cupboards round them, so the pipes will be covered. I’m worried that all these additional twists and turns will affect the draining of water, and present a problem in the future with blockages. Also not happy about the holes in the walls.
Unfortunately I think you have to will have to accept it.

Not great workmanship and I wouldn't be happy with it, but what can you do? That's the only way to fix it.

It won't affect drainage but I would assume it will be more prone to blockages if you flush hair etc down the drain.

I have wall hung vanities so mine had to be spot on, which it largely was.
It;s really no big deal.
Net effect on anything one completed?
ZERO
Make sure they protected that new slab penetration from termites too!

Related
28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

8/11/2023
Kitchen Quote - What should be included?

Kitchen Corner

hey there! 😊 so, it’s kinda common for standard drawer depths to be around 500mm since most cabinets use this size to fit the usual runners…

9/02/2024
Should a building contract be checked by lawyers?

Building A New House

I've decided, after a period of confusion (my building broker told me it's probably not worth it to use a lawyer, but others have said it is a must) that I definitely will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum