Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Port Macquarie - help with Plan

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,
I am newbie, planning to Build custom courtyard design - Wondering if you can give me any suggestions for the attached plan.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/sraj2219/Custom%20Design/Custom%20Design/Plan.jpg
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/sraj2219/Custom%20Design/Custom%20Design/Facade.jpg

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks
sraj
Quote:
Looking forward to your suggestions

wow awesome plan...I'd be stoked with it as it already is
looking great who is your builder
Thanks Friends,

Not yet decided on the builder, finalizing the plan before deciding the builder.

Any changes/ recommendations would you suggest?

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks
sraj
sraj
Thanks Friends,

Not yet decided on the builder, finalizing the plan before deciding the builder.

Any changes/ recommendations would you suggest?

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks
sraj

so you designed this plan yourself? very impressive!!
Hello! Your plan looks awesome.

Kdolls
You seem to have a lot of very large windows which leads to 2 questions:

1. Which way is North as glare and summer heat can be an issue.
2. Have you had an energy rating done? You may have problems meeting the requirements.
I like what I think your trying to do here. May I ask if you have priced it? C ( or a U if you like ) shaped houses are not as easy to build , hence somewhat dearer than the standard box shape.

Heating and cooling will also cost more.

Also I don't wanna wanna be a guest and stay in Bed 4, long walk to the bathroom. Also a long walk to kitchen thru the shoppers entry.

Keep at it tho, the design around an outdoor living scenario can be worth it. I wish you luck.

Enjoy
As echo says - a courtyard shaped house has more external wall than a square or rectangle (for the same size internally) so will not only cost more (per m²) - but as bashworth mentions - will affect thermal performance as you will have more external wall area for thermal transfer to occur. I am not familiar with the climate in Port Macquarie, but it looks to be a similar latitude to Perth - so working on a temperate climate, all that glass may lead to some issues.
Do you have thermal mass (floor slab, brickwork internally (not brick veneer))? Where is north?

When you get an assessor, look for someone who offers 'verification using a reference building' - you might well need to use this for compliance unless you want to fork out for argon filled double glazing
Hi Friends,
Thanks so much for your suggestions.
Forget to mention, house is north to rear,
Idea is to minimise the cost on the roof and utilise the money on the floor area.Attached the roof plan, which might help.
Bashworth,
Plannning on putting some shade sails on the rear end, hence gave some concrete structures.Hope it will minimise the heat in the summer
Echo,
The design includes ensuites on all bedrooms, whereby bed 2 and bed4 share the same ensuite.Hope it will reduce the walk through.

Thanks so much for your suggestions friends, also planning on including a round skylight in the area between the family and kitchen, with a blind to cover during summer.Any thoughts on it?

As the weather in Port is not very hot not very cold, thought the design would suit perfect, but after your suggestions, thinking on how to minimise the heat?
thought about using solar guard on the sliding doors, which will minimise the heat which comes from the shade sail.

Hope would turn up better.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thanks
Sraj.

who are you building with and were they ok price wise?
Hi guys - any updates on the progression of your build?
Love the idea of the floor plan. Have you priced it up with a builder yet?
Related
9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

17/03/2024
Any reputable custom builder in lake macquarie area

Building A New House

It is in lake macquarie area and dimensions are width 14 m and depth 8 m and the slope is 1/5 going down from the road.

16/12/2023
solar car port in sydney

General Discussion

I looked into it a few years ago and my conclusion was to just build a carport that will support panels and get a system installed separately. The company I looked at had…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum